Re: You need an EA account for online features

by Urbainilla

Original Post

You need an EA account for online features

★★★ Newbie

I’m trying to play Squadrons online and I understand that I need an EA account to do this. The problem I’m experiencing is that EA is assuming what email I will want to use to make this account, but they’re dead wrong. I’ve checked everywhere I could and this email isn’t even tied to my Xbox account at all. Is there any way to change what email I use when making an EA account? Or better yet, can I just sign into my already existing one?

Message 1 of 6 (2,011 Views)

Community Manager

@Venator404 

Please see the following link for info on editing your account details, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/if-you-forgot-your-ea-account-id-or-password

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,966 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On the EA website, it says all you have to do to link your account is open the game and put in your email and password when prompted, but that's not what's happening. It's telling me that I have to make a new account, even though I already have one. Moreover, it's telling me what email I have to use when creating said account. The user interface doesn't allow for changing the email or selecting an existing account instead of creating a new one to link.

Message 3 of 6 (1,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue. If I could put in what email to use it would be simple 

Message 4 of 6 (1,915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So, do I need to change my email on the EA site to match the one been given inside the game?

Message 5 of 6 (1,864 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ok, so here's what I did:
I logged in to EA (web) with the account linked to my PlayStation and under "connections" / "connected accounts" I unlinked the PSN Playstation Network.
Then I logged out of that EA account on the web and on my PlayStation I opened an EA game and used my usual account there (this time it asked me for my email).
Hope it helps.

Message 6 of 6 (1,136 Views)