'You have lost connection to the session'

by Fjarnvulfur

Original Post

Accepted Solution

'You have lost connection to the session'

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone,

For 2 months I've been having this issue that almost every match I play in BFV ends up freezing for 10-20 seconds and kicking me to the main menu with 'You have lost your connection' prompt. It doesn't kick me every time, maybe 70% of times. Other times it's just 10-20 freeze and then me being dead. (Because I was standing still due to the freeze and the enemy got a lot of time to kill me). Anyway, I'm writing a thread there, because Technical Support doesn't seem to have helped me. I have tried LITERALLY everything, that's why it took me almost 2 months to post this. Repairing the game, disabling origin overlay, running the game as Admin, checking if there is any program that may conflict with Origin, clearing temp files using CCleaner, updating drivers, changing NVIDIA 3D settings on max. performance, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling the game, reinstalling origin, opening ports, doing some weird /ipconfig stuff in CMD as admin with the help of the Tech Support - you name it, nothing has worked so far. 

PS: It's all weird, because it wasn't happening to me before. I'm having this issue since September or so, it really annoys me.

EDIT: My specs:

GPU: GTX 970

CPU: i5-4460 3.20GHz

1920x1080, 60Hz

RAM: 16GB

My internet is also very strong, so I don't know what's the issue... Frown

Message 1 of 4 (526 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 'You have lost connection to the session'

★★★ Apprentice

OP, you omitted info on your network adapter.

I also used to have connection issues in BFV. Would get disconnected every 2 - 4 rounds.

The culprit for me turned out to be the software bundle for the network adapter, Killer E2200, integrated on my motherboard. Their software is meant to do fancy per-application bandwidth limiting and Quality of Service stuff, but I don't think their programmers are quite up to the task; it gets messed up multiple times a year.

I've sometimes given it another chance with "they've released two new versions since I last used it - they must have fixed it". I may then be ok for 1 - 6 months, but then start getting disconnects or some other odd behavior again.

By uninstalling the software package and installing just the bare driver (downloaded from their site), I haven't had any problems. Note that you'll lose network connectivity once you uninstall, so you should download the driver first.

You can google "Killer Networking" > Support > View All Downloads > Driver Only Packages

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (404 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
Sorry for my english I'm typing for the translator. I have the same problem, Every game I enter I can not play for 5 minutes that I am disconnected, I bought the game beginning of the year and at first I could play but it has been months since the game is stopped because I am discouraged. I've tried several alternatives to fix this but none helped me. I am disconnected from EA servers as soon as I start a game, my pc is great my internet too. If anyone knows anything please help.

Message 2 of 4 (493 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @ThtsMyBad  @Fjarnvulfur  Can you take a look on our connective guide and see if there anything that can help you out! Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 4 (443 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

OP, you omitted info on your network adapter.

I also used to have connection issues in BFV. Would get disconnected every 2 - 4 rounds.

The culprit for me turned out to be the software bundle for the network adapter, Killer E2200, integrated on my motherboard. Their software is meant to do fancy per-application bandwidth limiting and Quality of Service stuff, but I don't think their programmers are quite up to the task; it gets messed up multiple times a year.

I've sometimes given it another chance with "they've released two new versions since I last used it - they must have fixed it". I may then be ok for 1 - 6 months, but then start getting disconnects or some other odd behavior again.

By uninstalling the software package and installing just the bare driver (downloaded from their site), I haven't had any problems. Note that you'll lose network connectivity once you uninstall, so you should download the driver first.

You can google "Killer Networking" > Support > View All Downloads > Driver Only Packages

Message 4 of 4 (405 Views)