You have lost connection to the session - Possible solution

by MazaneCZ

Original Post

You have lost connection to the session - Possible solution

★ Apprentice

Hi all,

at first sorry for my english.

From the begining of play BFV, I had this problem - Server Disconnected You have lost connection to the session. After 10-30 minutes of MP play I got this message. I tried many things.. Really many many things. Contacted EA three times, they gave me their same learned advices anytime (drivers, my router is bad, problem with internet connection - sure... I have most stable 500 Mb/s connection in my country..., and another). So on Thursday I tried two solutions. Don't know, which one is the main solution, but from this day I don't have any problems at all. 

First what I tried, was set static IP adress to my router and set again ports forwarding with this IP. I dont think, that was the problem, because even if I had dynamic IP adress, this adress stay same for a long time and doesnt change when I play BFV. But it is worth to try.

Second, and I think this was the problem, I was install Origin and BFV on the same disk. I have two SSD, one for system and other software, one only for a games. I had allways Origin, Steam, Uplay and another clients on the first disk and games on the second. As I said, after theese two steps my problems are gone. 

If problems with disconnections starts again, I'm clearly sure, that these problems aren't connected to my PC or any other PC's which have this disconnection issues. Any other games run fine. I have hundreds of games, but only two games which drive me crazy because of server disconnection issues was BF1 and until now BFV.

Have a nice day, hope that solutions work for you.

Message 1 of 13 (792 Views)

Re: You have lost connection to the session - Possible solution

EA DICE Team

Hey @MazaneCZ, sorry for late response, to see if there anything we can see spiking before the DC. Cna you start Network performance graph and see if wee can see any issues there. 

image.png

/Atic 

Message 2 of 13 (742 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, so I mysteriously lose connection every 10 mins or so...  here's my normal play network graph  

Here's me dying and then losing connection to the session a few moments later:  

Message 3 of 13 (703 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic wrote:

Hey @MazaneCZ, sorry for late response, to see if there anything we can see spiking before the DC. Cna you start Network performance graph and see if wee can see any issues there. 

image.png

/Atic 

Unfortunately it doesn't stay up on the lost conn screen.  I have it set to show on menu screens

Message 4 of 13 (699 Views)

★★★ Novice
This happened somehow too... I was dead and yet not dead... https://c2n.me/41y0WAj.png
Message 5 of 13 (685 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @Artemidalas  

I took a look at your graphs and your latency is unstable you can see in the graph it's going up and down all the time 

image.png

The light blue is your latency bar and its all over the place 

image.png

Looks relative calm and then spikes in the end by a lot. 

image.png

And here is a perfect example of really unstable network going up and down all the time. 

What I normally suggest is to make sure if you are using WIFI try cabled connection because there are a lot of items that interfere with your wifi network.  Classic is to open ports where needed. 

Figuring out where is causing this unstable is hard, try to do a uo-trace while playing and send it on to me. 

Looks like this when I'm playing:

image.png

/Atic 

Message 6 of 13 (672 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Artemidalas and @EA_Atic I got this the other day your dead but the wheel just keeps going you never die and cant bleed out  lol it took them 10 min to get me up due to enemy all around me lol. I found it to be a funny bug since last patch  at least they can still get you up after 10 or more min. I also played BFV with another guy yesterday who got it as well and again it took over 10 min to get him up due to enemy all around him lol. At least you can still be gotten up after 10 min or more better bug then dead and cant get up at all Standard smile

Message 7 of 13 (650 Views)

EA DICE Team

That bug is known by the team. Standard smile  @2042isNotBF 

I few guys on FNB had that issue, I had to run over to them and find them. :P 

/Atic

Message 8 of 13 (648 Views)

★★★ Novice
Good to know!! I only got BFV a few weeks ago and I honestly wasn't sure if it was like... part of the game I just didn't understand. It was very similar to the state of "Last Stand" in CoD where you're on the ground and can only fire your sidearm.
Message 9 of 13 (632 Views)

★★★ Novice

So this is me plugged directly into the modem without the router even...  :  

With the router just as bad:  http://c2n.me/41znDlf 

Oddly slightly better on the 3G WiFi than on 5G...  

Message 10 of 13 (627 Views)