Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

by CptAlphaWolf

Original Post

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

★★★★★ Expert

We're welcome Standard smile @XxWysardxX

If you have never had any connection problem so far, please hit Accept as Solution,as other to benefit from it.Thanks!! in advance,mate.Wink

Retired champion.
Message 11 of 92 (2,085 Views)

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

★★ Apprentice

I have been playing since March 21st @ 1am, and I have not had a single multiplayer match successfully start, no matter what time of day or circumstances. I have ensured that my Xbox One's network "NAT Type" is "Open", all my internet tests are high-speed, I am using static IP's and port forwarding, and multiplayer is still not working (I have played on PC on the same internet connection and there is no issue at all... combine the previous information with this, and it is almost impossible that my internet is the issue).

Here is a link to videos I recorded and uploaded to my OneDrive account exemplifying what is described below: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AliBgL8mbBwFnyJUYgI3WbKiahxP

Every time I join a match with Quick Join, it will 'work', but my character won't appear and nether will any of my stats (unless I add a booster while in the lobby, then when I go back to the lobby screen I'll appear). I can ready-up and it will 'work' until everyone is ready. Then it counts down (or immediately goes to 0), stops at 0, then 1 of 2 things happens:

1) Goes to loading screen, bar makes it ~25% through, waits a couple seconds, jumps to ~75%, waits a second, then sends me to the main menu saying I "lost connection to the session".

2) Goes instantly directly to the MP main menu.

It's extremely frustrating. I haven't been able to play multiplayer yet (except for the tutorial). I can host my own match, but no matter what time of day I start, no matter how long I wait in the lobby, no one ever joins, which is not possible given how many people are playing.

Message 12 of 92 (2,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm in Southwestern Ontario, with Rogers internet as well, and having the same problem.

In your Xbox network settings, does it say you're using IPv4, IPv6, or IPv4 and IPv6?

Message 13 of 92 (2,073 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey Cmdr,

This exact same thing is happening to me as well - "Every time I join a match with Quick Join, it will 'work', but my character won't appear and nether will any of my stats (unless I add a booster while in the lobby, then when I go back to the lobby screen I'll appear). I can ready-up and it will 'work' until everyone is ready"

I have been trying to host, people eventually join, the game actually loads when I am host but everyone is gone as soon as it does. It looks like it has dropped me to my own and they are still together in another game (they tell me this in xbox party chat).

Mine says - IPv4 and IPv6

Is the network status saying IPv4 and IPv6 an issue? It isnt for any of my other games. NAT is open and xbox ip is DHCP assigned and placed in the DMZ.

Message 14 of 92 (2,064 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My friend in Toronto is also having this issue. Or a similar issue. same provider. He cannot load into MP. his character never loads and then it backs him back out to main menu. Xbox one

Message 15 of 92 (2,059 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So xbox says that if your network status says IPv4 and IPv6 then you are IPv6 which is ideal.

The issue is the IP address my xbox shows is 192.168 etc. which is IPv4

http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/networking/network-settings

I am looking into how to fix it, maybe its an issue.

Message 16 of 92 (2,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

So I'm having the same exact issues...

So the night of march 22nd, I was having issues connecting to my friends online. I would join a lobby with my friends and after a short time idling in the lobby one of us would be kicked. If we started the match right away it would load both of us into separate instances of the map. I hadn't needed to port forward before this for other games, but my NAT was moderate, so I decided to open up the recommended ports for xbox one, and created a static IP on my xbox. Once my NAT was open, I could connect to my friends and we played well into the morning, after they got offline, I joined a random match and was able to connect to strangers as well. Everything was working fine.

I went to bed that night, around 6am and woke up at noon the following day (March 23rd). When I loaded up mass effect I was greeted by a splash screen mentioning they had added multiplayer content (Krogan Gladiator + some weapons) and thats when the trouble had started.

Absolutely nothing changed on my end from when it was working, my NAT was still open, none of my network settings had been changed on either my xbox or router... But alas, I would join a lobby, and my characters model wouldn't appear, I could force it to appear by changing characters, but in either state, readying up and starting the game would give me a non-descript loading screen (as opposed to the map specific ones when you are actually loading into a map) before being kicked to the main menu (not the multiplayer menu) and getting the message "You have lost your connection to the session."

I've tested my connection to my friends in a variety of different games, cod, evolve, overwatch, as examples, and can connect to any friend in any game no problem, except this one.

I am also using rogers cable internet, I've been on the phone with tech support multiple times, and I have run the gambit of every troubleshooting option available, such as...

-Hard reset
-Resetting router
-Factory resetting router
-Reinstalling the game
-Trying wifi instead of wired
-Clearing MAC settings on xbox
-Clearing blueray cache on xbox
-The cherry on the cake - a tech guy had me delete my single player save, both locally and on the cloud, so now im out 20+ hours of gameplay and soured on the idea of playing even the single player ever again...

and the list goes on...

Most recently I had downloaded EA's UOTrace, run it multiple times and saved the results to send to the tech support guy who requested it... I'll update with the results from that later...

At this point though, I know the problem isn't on my end, it was working, they update the game, now its not... All my other games work with my setup and I'm tired of being made to feel like it's my fault instead of being reassured they are working to fix things on their end.

UPDATE

After speaking with tech support about the results of my UOtrace, everything looks fine... Unfortunately I mentioned this forum post (https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/168599-mass-effect-andromeda/75145744) and the possibility of needing to disable Ipv6, and the agent latched on to that, told me it was a local problem and I would need to talk to my ISP...

Talked to my ISP (Rogers), they can't disable Ipv6, they can't instruct me in disabling Ipv6 without the use of additional hardware I cannot afford to buy right now, and so I'm pretty much back at square one with nobody on either end of the problem willing to help me.

Tech support said if more people report this problem (I was one of 2 people) they would forward it to the development team, beyond that though, I'm SoL...

The real kicker is that it "was" working fine, and with no changes on my end now it's not working at all... And from what I'm hearing, they have no plans on looking into the problem on their end whatsoever... So next time I call I will be demanding a refund for the $25 I spend on andromeda points the night it was working, because apparently I'm just never going to be able to play online. Ever.

UPDATE 2

I am also using IPv4 and IPv6, I have attempted to use various DNS settings (google, opendns, etc...)

Message 17 of 92 (2,046 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Same issue. This is 100% fixable by Bioware.

BF1, Madden 17, Destiny, Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor, Overwatch. These all games that I can play multiplayer absolutely fine with Rogers IPv6 connection.

Two of those games are EA games. Madden in particular also uses a P2P connection for its head to head matches similar to Andromeda and it works fine.

EA/Bioware need to fix this problem. Stop blaming ISP's.
Message 18 of 92 (2,033 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I am having the same exact issue for "You have lost your connection to the session."

I am fortunate enough to work for a major ISP in the Mid-West, (which will remain un-named unless EA Support asks me directly who), and I am not pleased. I have not been able to play one multi-player game of Andromeda unless I host it. In that case I am the only one who will be in the lobby the entire time until I die. I can 100% tell you that it is NOT an ISP thing. Here is everything I have done.

1. Hard Reset of XBOX 1

2. Power Cycle / Factory Reset of Modem

3. Swapped out modem (three different times, Hitron, Cisco, and Motorola)

4. Did all the of port forwarding

5. Hardlined the modem to Xbox

6. Ran Wireless on xbox

7. Nat Status OPEN

8. Enabled / Disabled UNPnP

9. Tried different XBOX 1

10. Talked with our Tier group for technical assistance, absolutely ZERO issues with connectivity from modem to xbox, no signal problems, no features out of place.

So I would request a response from EA customer service, as your phone system is a joke and twitter account is useless. If I do not hear about what the resolution is or a plan of which will fix this issue I will just forward this up to the T3BBB like we have done prior. It seems the only action is legal action to get a response.

You have 2 hours.

Message 19 of 92 (2,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @DaevinCmdr , @CptAlphaWolf @PlatinumGSO @J04DAN @Gordelox

@EA_David wrote/make a guide - Mass Effect Andromeda-Troubleshooting :

HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR CONNECTION?

How multiplayer connections work in Mass Effect: Andromeda

Multiplayer games use peer-to-peer connections. Once you leave the Lobby and start a match, it’s hosted on the machine (and connection) of one of the players – the one marked as host in the lobby.

If you’re having trouble with multiplayer outside of the lobby, remember that your internet connection is only part of the equation – the connection of the host player matters, too.

What happens if the host disconnects?

If the host loses their connection, the game will set one of the remaining players as host.

You won’t lose any progress (XP, credits or challenges) if a host disconnects—you’ll just restart the match at the beginning of the wave you were already on previously. 

Any player who joins your in-progress match will earn rewards from the point they join.

Quick connection tips:

• First things first – try restarting your router to refresh your connection.
  • If you’re on Xbox One, you need Xbox Live Gold membershipto play online.
  • If you’re playing on PlayStation, you need to have PlayStation Plusto play online.
  • If you’re playing on PlayStation or Xbox, check your network settings and make sure your NAT typeis open.
  • Seeing an error code? Find out what it means:
    • PC
      • We don't support the use of proxy servers and similar technologies with Origin or our games.
      • If you're using a proxy or a Virtual Private Network (VPN), our systems might be getting confused and think there's a security issue.
      • Disable your proxy or disconnect from your VPN and try again.
      • This works particularly well for these errors:
      • 10044, 5800, 5801, 5802, 5803, 9001
    • Xbox One
    • PlayStation 4
      • Go to the PlayStation support site.
      • Click on My system.
      • Choose PlayStation 4.
      • Click Error Codes.
      • Enter your error code (including dashes) and click Submit.

Need something more in-depth?

Work through the steps here to clear up any problems with your connection.

You may also need to open (forward) some ports on your system to clear up any lingering connection problems:

TCP: 443, 17503, 17504, 10000-19999, 42210, 42130, 42230

UDP: 3659, 10000-19999

One thing that may help is to check your IPv settings. 

If you're having frequent disconnections on a peer-to-peer connection, it's possible that your network is using newer IPv6 IP addresses rather than the more common (and previously standard) IPv4 type.

• IPv4 IP addresses are 32-bit numerical strings separated by periods. For example, 192.168.1.1
  • IPv6 IP addresses are 128-bit hexadecimal strings separated by colons. For example, 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334

Unfortunately, IPv6 and IPv4 are not yet at the point where they work well together on peer-to-peer connections. If you find that you lose your connection every time you play against a particular friend or whenever you join a match, chances are that you or your opponent are using IPv6.

You may need to speak to your ISP if you suspect this is the case, as they can advise you on any hardware or router firmware changes you might need to make to switch to IPv4 for gaming. 

Here's how to change your IP version on a PC:

1. Open the Control Panel and search for adapter.
  2. In your search results under Network and Sharing Center, click View network Connections.
  3. Right-click your active network connection and select Properties.
    •  In Properties you should see check boxes for both Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
      • If you've been having frequent connectivity problems and IPv6 is checked, uncheck it.
      • If you've been having frequent connectivity problems and IPv4 isn't checked, check it.

Thanks!

More details here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/MASS-EFFECT-ANDROMEDA-TROUBLESHOOTING/m-p/5927201#U5927201 ,can helps in your issue.

Retired champion.
Message 20 of 92 (1,989 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help