Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

by CptAlphaWolf

Original Post

You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

★★★★ Novice

Hi EA, 

Just want to start by saying I am a big fan of the EA catalog of games and in particular, the Mass Effect series.

I recently bought EA access just to play the 10hrs early in Andromeda.

During the 10hr early access I could not get into a single multiplayer match, not one. Every time it goes to starting in 3-2-1 and then shows the loading screen the bar fills and then I get pushed back to the Mass Effect start screen with the message, you have lost connection to the host.

I am connected using an ethernet cable, not wirelessly. Originally my NAT type was moderate; however, every single game I have ever played on 360, ps4 and now xbox one, has never given me any issue on mic or in matches. Even other EA games like Battlefront, Battlefield and Titan Fall all work without issue.

So, to do my due diligence, I went into my xbox, set the ip manually and then set up all the port forwards for every suggested port I could find in EA help sections for every online game. I reset the router by unplugging it and same with the xbox. My NAT type was now showing open! 

Tried to play again....nope, still can not play one single match.

I then went into my router and put the IP for my xbox into the DMZ so that if there is any port or any form of communication it needs it can now get it without issue. Reset the router and console again and status shows open.

Tried to play again....nope, again not one single match.

Also of note, I am in Toronto, a major urban area, with Rogers cable internet. My detailed network statistics on the xbox show the following:

Download speed - 63.22 Mbps

Upload speed - 6.15 Mbps

Packet loss 1%

MTU 1480

Latency 75ms

Please, please just help me get into a single match.

Thanks

Message 1 of 92 (1,547 Views)

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

★★★★ Newbie

I'm from Belgium , same problem here , disconnects every 2-3 minutes.Its not a problem at our end its E.A's paper servers.

Message 2 of 92 (1,530 Views)

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

★★★★ Novice

Glad to know I am not the only one, after everything I have tried it should work or am I going crazy here?

Message 3 of 92 (1,520 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I get this too and have done the same that you tried. No luck.

I can't even send strike teams to do the APEX missions, it just logs me out of the server.

Message 4 of 92 (1,512 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sucks you can't even do that. I haven't had the strike team issue - I can send them out using the app on my phone and through the Tempest console. I am not sure if the issue you are having with those would be related to the connection issue then.

Message 5 of 92 (1,506 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am also having the same problem.

I can join a game, however 95% of the games I don't make it to the end due to disconnection. It appears as though I constantly disconnect from the EA servers, as in Single Player the message is always coming on during gameplay to say I've yet again lost connection to EA servers. I had a similar issue with ME3, however it was never this severe.

Do EA employees respond to these posts? It would be good to know that they understand what problems we're having and that they are looking to fix it.

Melbourne, Australia.
Optus Cable Internet

PC Specs:
Z170MX-Gaming 5 MB
16gb Ram

i5-6600K cpu
Using Ethernet cable to wireless router - then to modem.

Have gone through all troubleshooting. Disabled firewall, uPNP on, Port forwarding setup, NAT type 1, file sharing enabled on pc. Reset connections, devices etc. No joy.

My internet is fine, 30mbs/4mbs with nil packetloss.

Message 6 of 92 (1,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @XxWysardxX,

please try the steps and give me an answer...Thanks!

-clear DNS cache
https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/How+To+Clear+Your+DNS+Cache

- clearing hosts file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

-restart your machine

-run the setup file Origin with Admin rights  http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

And to add the Origin application  and/or your game as trusted in Antivirus,look here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/A-few-tips-about-Origin/m-p/5912062

Retired champion.
Message 7 of 92 (1,480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the fast reply.

I've completed all the steps without a problem except one. Resetting the host file; I have windows 10 which wasn't on the page, however I checked the hosts file and it appeared exactly the same as Win 7 version.

I'm about to start playing to see how it goes, I'll reply and let you know how it went!

Thanks again

Message 8 of 92 (1,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello again,

Unfortunately I was in the multiplayer menu for about 60 seconds before it disconnected me from the EA servers.

Cheers.

Edit: Still haven't been able to reconnect. States either my Internet Connection is at fault or the game servers are down. I couldn't find anything on the twitter account to say if it's down or not.

Message 9 of 92 (1,442 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Gday again,

I just finished playing after 2 hours online without a disconnect. I did have a freeze, but it hasn't happened again for the last 1.5hr.

It appears to be working now (I hope!)

Thanks again for your help!

Message 10 of 92 (1,415 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help