Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

by Gordelox

Original Post

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

★★★★ Novice
I tried this and my connection straight a way went to IPv4 and then within a minute was back at IPv4 and IPv6, does this work wirelessly or strictly wired connection? Thanks
Message 81 of 92 (390 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bigzy

Make sure both Xbox and PC are on same wireless network. So both on 2.4ghz or both on 5ghz. Should work on wireless. Just helped someone do this fix with wireless.
Message 82 of 92 (387 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes both are on 2.4ghz when I tried. I triple checked all the info and tried and again and noticed when I went to look at the numbers the Gateway part was missing.. typed it in tried again, didn't work look at the numbers on my laptop and once again the gateway wasn't filled. I'm typing it correctly however.
Message 83 of 92 (383 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Make sure you try the game. Mine says IPv6 is on but now works.
Message 84 of 92 (381 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Nope it doesn't work. It's definitely my fault tho, prior to this I was messing around with UpnP and DMZ and stuff trying to get it to work and I think have buggered my router. Am going to reset it to factory default
Message 85 of 92 (372 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Gordelox that fix isn't working for me anymore, my Xbox One is saying "IPv4 and IPv6" after the "Go Online" step. Not sure if it's related, but my PC has 5x IPv6 addresses in an ipconfig /all command. Is it still working for you? I was able to play for ~1hr last week, but haven't had it work at all since.
Message 86 of 92 (348 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@DaevinCmdr 

I had some issues myself, try this.

Hard reset your console, (hold power on the front of xbox til its off, then unplug power brick), then while its off, delete all the manual IPv6 addresses and set IPv6 on your PC to automatic, power your xbox back on, then follow my workaround again, copy the IPv6 addresses from your xbox, go offline, then input them carefully into the advanced IPv6 settings on your PC, go online on your xbox, then see how it works.

When I ran into a snag, starting over from scratch after a hard reset worked for me.

Message 87 of 92 (337 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Gordelox I tried twice doing the whole delete IPv6's/make automatic, etc, even reset both my Xbox and Pc a few times over before starting... But not a hard reset lol. Hope that does the trick. Thanks, I'm not that great with network admin stuff :/.

I thought it was related to my PC having 5x IPv6 addresses, 2 of which I didn't set, maybe PC was using those so Xbox was using the others lol.
Message 88 of 92 (330 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Everyone here who has issues with IPv6 should up vote this. Maybe with some luck xbox will add in this option beings ISPs and other companies can't seem to use IPv6 right yet.

Message 89 of 92 (304 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I even did the hard reset thing and nothing is working anymore. Does this have to be through ethernet?
Message 90 of 92 (289 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help