Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

by Gordelox

Original Post

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

★★★★ Novice
@Gordelox

Unfortunately it's not. I had the CGN modem when I first had the problem and spent 1 hour on the phone with Rogers complaining so they would give me a new modem. I got the new Gigabit modem which is CODA and it has the same problem. The issue is with Rogers routing of internet traffic on IPv6 connections.

The only way a different modem will fix it is if it's running older firmware that only supports IPv4
Message 51 of 92 (1,542 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have similar issues going on. Internet is solid and no issues with any other game. This is my post talking about it on Gamefaqs. I have Midco for a internet provider though not Rogers. All we can do is hope they fix it soon at this point I guess.. : /

Message 52 of 92 (1,533 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too. I played a couple of matches earlier today with no issues, but now I can't connect at all. Xbox live works fine, internet works fine. Next to no lag on any other game but this one. When I can get in at all. It won't even run strikes in single player for me. But I guess I'll put that down to the peer-to-peer connection as well *glares sarcastically at EA*

So glad I didn't get burned on the supermegadeluxe edition or whatever it was, nor bought any premium packs like I was going to before it came out to speed up the manifest for me.

Message 53 of 92 (1,514 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So I'm having same issues but what I'd like to know is why everything worked great with zero issue the 4 hours I played during the 10 hour pre-release trial.

I even played an hour or so on day 1 of release with no issue. I haven't tried multiplayer again until today as I've been liking single player, but I decided to play so as not to blow through all the single player so fast.

But can't play multiplayer because I now suffer from this issue.

Setup: Xbox one, open NAT, IPv4&IPV6, 140 up and 10 down for connection with 76 ms ping
Message 54 of 92 (1,485 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Small update from my end. When hosting a lobby other people are able to join me now(not from invites; just random ppl). Downside is that everyone disconnects / isn't able to load into the same game or map as me. So maybe a small improvement from their end??

Message 55 of 92 (1,478 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes that's been the same for me since experiencing the overall issues with not being able to load in to a multiplayer game
Message 56 of 92 (1,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I also have the exact same problem.

My friend and i used to play ME3 MP all the time.

I really hope this gets fixed before he picks up his copy in a few weeks.

Thank you for getting them to talk about this issue on twitter.

At least there is some acknowledgement that its happening.

I love the MP in mass effect but its so frustrating that i cant even play it.

Message 57 of 92 (1,452 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
I am a mother * genius!

I managed to force my Xbox to ignore IPV6 and use IPV4 instead, without a new router...

How you ask? By creating an IPV6 IP conflict between my computer and my Xbox, thus forcing my Xbox to fall back on IPV4 after it has trouble dealing with the conflict.

Step 1 - Write down your xbox's current IPV6 addresses (plural), gateway and DNS

Step 2 - Go offline in your xbox's network page

Step 3 - On your PC, open up your control panel, go to your network settings and select to change your adapter settings

Step 4 - Disable IPV4 on your PC and enable IPV6, if it's not already

Step 5 - Open the properties for IPV6 and manually set the IPV6 address , gateway and DNS to the same settings as your xbox, you will need to go into advanced settings to add all 3 IPV6 strings, save setting and reboot your PC

Step 6 - Test to a make sure your settings were saved and test your PCs Internet connection with its new IPV6 settings, you should be able to connect to most websites (although not this one, more on that later)

Step 7 - On your xbox, without restarting or changing settings, click the button to "Go Online" you should see your xbox attempt to connect to its last known settings, then go only IPV4

Step 8 - Praise me for this incredible stroke of genius ;P

Now, your PC may have some issues connecting to some websites as IPV6 only, if you want to reverse the process just click the box in your network properties to automatically obtain IP settings and re-enable IPV4

Funilly enough, you won't be able to connect to this website, further proof EA needs to future proof/update their servers... So I'm writing this guide from my phone.

Loaded up a match with my newly conflicted IP, and was able to see my character play a match with randoms... It's a pain in the * workaround, but it works.

One last thing, I haven't tested this yet, but I imagine restarting the Xbox would have it require a new IPV6 address, so you may have to repeat this process as nessecary.
Message 58 of 92 (1,446 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This is some amazing troubleshooting. I knew we were friends for a reason.

What I don't get is what does this mean. I have not had this issue and my Xbox uses IPv6 and IPv4 like normal. So is this a bug or problem on Mass Effect's end or the network itself?
Message 59 of 92 (1,436 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Gordelox

I am going to try this after my kids are done watching a movie. Hopefully it works. Great job.
Message 60 of 92 (1,432 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help