Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

by Gordelox

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

★ Apprentice

@DaevinCmdr

My problem looks exactly like yours, I could record the same footage if it helped, you will also find that instead of applying a booster, changing characters works to make your character show up as well.

You should also find that creating a match and inviting a friend will result in the two of you getting separated as the game loads.

Message 31 of 92 (326 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@yahel_1

No actually I don't. I spent actual money on this game and only 50% of it works.

This isn't a demo or beta test. This is a live game that costs real world dollars to buy. This issue was in the trial and has gone unfixed. This isn't a bug that is annoyance or inconvenience. This is a completely game breaking bug rendering MP completely unplayable.

Don't tell me to be patient.
Message 32 of 92 (324 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@J04DAN@CptAlphaWolf@H0B0-Tw1tch@Gordelox

I don't know if the "IPv4 and IPv6" has anything to do with it, I was just trying to see if there were any patterns. I was on call for ~3hrs this morning/afternoon with EA Support, and it amounted to nothing. I gave the rep access to my Gamertage (I know, I know, I was desperate) and he tried it wherever he was and had no problem playing, but he said his network was only "IPv4", so that's why I asked it.

Anyways, my bad for tossing that there, because apparently it's the scapegoat for the problem... Please, @EA_Dave@EA_David, @EA_anyone, please give this attention. It's not just a couple people; for every 1 person reporting the issue, I'm sure there are hundreds who have it but don't report it.

Message 33 of 92 (322 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This whole "sometimes IPv4 and IPv6 dont work well with Peer to Peer" is BS. Its 2017. Mass Effect is a multi million dollar franchise. The fact that peer to peer is still being used for multiplayer is sad and a slap in the face to your fans. 

But this is not an excuse and a way to dismiss these paying customers who are unable to play your video game. This needs to be addressed immediately

Message 34 of 92 (313 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@DaevinCmdr

I can say 100% it's an IPv6 issue. I can fix the issue by using an old modem that is running older firmware that doesn't support IPv6 and only issues IPv4 addresses.

Same console, same house, same internet connection and the problem is gone with the old router. It's IPv6 and it's also present in NHL 17. Same issue on head to head.
Message 35 of 92 (312 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@J04DAN

I have games on Steam,Uplay and can tell you that there is no new game releases,wich not even an update for various reasons,mate.

Because of this i do not have a console game, all too often appear problems. I prefer an computer, although it is more expensive.

Retired champion.
Message 36 of 92 (306 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Gordelox yeah, it might help if you record the same footage and upload it. The more attention and proof this receives, maybe the more EA and BioWare will pay attention and actually work on it.

For everyone posting here: make no mistake, it is on the game's code to handle how peer-to-peer interactions work, so blaming ISP's is *not* accurate. The only thing an ISP does is act as the medium that the game sends data across. Is it more difficult to handle multiple addressing schemes? Yeah, it is. But it's up to the game to address it properly so it can send and receive them accurately.

Message 37 of 92 (302 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is a joke. I haven't completed a match in days from disconnects. All of my friends are getting them. I get bugs, I get stylized preferences in game creation, but BASIC INFRASTRUCTURE needs to be rock solid.

Message 38 of 92 (292 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@J04DAN so I have to go to my ISP and get an outdated modem... awesome... lol this should not be happening.

Message 39 of 92 (274 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay, recorded footage of what the problem looks like on my end.

Attempting to join a match in progress
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aom2MjOEfj5HggKpWsHk1_ZC00N6

Attempting to host a friend in my match
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aom2MjOEfj5HggXy2qfJFkoVc0FM

Attempting to join a match (not in progress)
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aom2MjOEfj5HggQMa8wGYwA3KbJ1

Attempting to join a match, but idling in lobby
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aom2MjOEfj5HggOB25vxQ2nvBXNf

Also included as an attachment on this post a picture taken on my cell phone of my network settings page.

Message 40 of 92 (271 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help