Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

by H0B0-Tw1tch

Original Post

Re: You have lost connection to the host - I can not play a single match online!

★★★★ Novice
@yahel_1

That guide is completely BS. The line where it says that IPv4 and IPv6 don't work well together is a bold face lie.

EVERY other X1 multiplayer game works just fine. The only 2 that don't? NHL 17 and Mass Effect Andromeda, both EA games.

STOP BLAMING ISP AND NETWORK SETTINGS. FIX YOUR GAME!!!
Message 21 of 92 (457 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah that guide was complete and utter regurgitated BS...

Every other game works fine with our setups, and you continue to tell us that we need to make a change on our end to play your game, are you aware of the * that is coming out of your mouth?

For one, IPv6 cannot be disabled on the xbox, so asking the people who bought your game on that system to make that change is just stupid... Secondly, most of us are using both, not one or the other... Thirdly, almost all of us as previously stated have tried all the other tips in your guide.

And lastly. IT... WAS... *... WORKING... BEFORE.. YOU... UPDATED.. MULTIPLAYER... WITH.. NEW... CONTENT...

Do you not understand troubleshooting 101, if nothing has changed on my end since it was working, and something has changed on your end since it stopped working, it doesn't take a toddler to tell you who's to blame...

Message 22 of 92 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@J04DAN 

@EA_David wrote:

Unfortunately, IPv6 and IPv4 are not yet at the point where they work well together on peer-to-peer connections. If you find that you lose your connection every time you play against a particular friend or whenever you join a match, chances are that you or your opponent are using IPv6.

You may need to speak to your ISP if you suspect this is the case, as they can advise you on any hardware or router firmware changes you might need to make to switch to IPv4 for gaming

And a question for you: You open this ports on your system? Wondering

TCP: 443, 17503, 17504, 10000-19999, 42210, 42130, 42230

UDP: 3659, 10000-19999

Retired champion.
Message 23 of 92 (448 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@yahel_1

Just stop. Yes those ports are open. My NAT is open.

ISP's can't or won't turn off IPv4 to make a video game work. The developers are responsible for making this work and every other game works.

That line is a lie. It is a cop out that only EA uses. Every other company makes the necessary adjustments to their game so it will work with BOTH IPv4 and IPv6. Literally every other game on Xbox One works fine on these networks.
Message 24 of 92 (438 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@yahel_1

If you read my post, you would see that my problem does not lie outside of the lobby.

Please read my post here so that you know what the issue is. In my post I have also included a link to videos uploaded from Xbox One GameDVR showing what is happening.

Message 25 of 92 (428 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@J04DAN

then,i think we'll have one this month an update to Mass Effect Andromeda.

But I've made me curios,right now I go to see if I have the same problem and I come back with a feedback.

I have Mass Effect Andromeda for Pc.

Retired champion.
Message 26 of 92 (422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Sorry @DaevinCmdr I don't have Xbox,only pc.So I can't help you mate.Embarrassed

Retired champion.
Message 27 of 92 (414 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@yahel_1

The issue is not present on PC. I had the trial on PC and the issue wasn't there.

Even if it was, it is easy to turn off IPv6 on PC. This is impossible to do on Xbox One.
Message 28 of 92 (412 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@yahel_1 wrote:

Hi @DaevinCmdr , @CptAlphaWolf @PlatinumGSO @J04DAN @Gordelox

@EA_David wrote/make a guide - Mass Effect Andromeda-Troubleshooting :

HAVING TROUBLE WITH YOUR CONNECTION?

How multiplayer connections work in Mass Effect: Andromeda

Multiplayer games use peer-to-peer connections. Once you leave the Lobby and start a match, it’s hosted on the machine (and connection) of one of the players – the one marked as host in the lobby.

If you’re having trouble with multiplayer outside of the lobby, remember that your internet connection is only part of the equation – the connection of the host player matters, too.

What happens if the host disconnects?

If the host loses their connection, the game will set one of the remaining players as host.

You won’t lose any progress (XP, credits or challenges) if a host disconnects—you’ll just restart the match at the beginning of the wave you were already on previously. 

Any player who joins your in-progress match will earn rewards from the point they join.

Quick connection tips:

• First things first – try restarting your router to refresh your connection.
  • If you’re on Xbox One, you need Xbox Live Gold membershipto play online.
  • If you’re playing on PlayStation, you need to have PlayStation Plusto play online.
  • If you’re playing on PlayStation or Xbox, check your network settings and make sure your NAT typeis open.
  • Seeing an error code? Find out what it means:
    • PC
      • We don't support the use of proxy servers and similar technologies with Origin or our games.
      • If you're using a proxy or a Virtual Private Network (VPN), our systems might be getting confused and think there's a security issue.
      • Disable your proxy or disconnect from your VPN and try again.
      • This works particularly well for these errors:
      • 10044, 5800, 5801, 5802, 5803, 9001
    • Xbox One
    • PlayStation 4
      • Go to the PlayStation support site.
      • Click on My system.
      • Choose PlayStation 4.
      • Click Error Codes.
      • Enter your error code (including dashes) and click Submit.

Need something more in-depth?

Work through the steps here to clear up any problems with your connection.

You may also need to open (forward) some ports on your system to clear up any lingering connection problems:

TCP: 443, 17503, 17504, 10000-19999, 42210, 42130, 42230

UDP: 3659, 10000-19999

One thing that may help is to check your IPv settings. 

If you're having frequent disconnections on a peer-to-peer connection, it's possible that your network is using newer IPv6 IP addresses rather than the more common (and previously standard) IPv4 type.

• IPv4 IP addresses are 32-bit numerical strings separated by periods. For example, 192.168.1.1
  • IPv6 IP addresses are 128-bit hexadecimal strings separated by colons. For example, 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334

Unfortunately, IPv6 and IPv4 are not yet at the point where they work well together on peer-to-peer connections. If you find that you lose your connection every time you play against a particular friend or whenever you join a match, chances are that you or your opponent are using IPv6.

You may need to speak to your ISP if you suspect this is the case, as they can advise you on any hardware or router firmware changes you might need to make to switch to IPv4 for gaming. 

Here's how to change your IP version on a PC:

1. Open the Control Panel and search for adapter.
  2. In your search results under Network and Sharing Center, click View network Connections.
  3. Right-click your active network connection and select Properties.
    •  In Properties you should see check boxes for both Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
      • If you've been having frequent connectivity problems and IPv6 is checked, uncheck it.
      • If you've been having frequent connectivity problems and IPv4 isn't checked, check it.

Thanks!

More details here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/MASS-EFFECT-ANDROMEDA-TROUBLESHOOTING/m-p/5927201#U5927201 ,can helps in your issue.

Please do not paste the generic "tips" that are already on your website. They have all tried this and everything else mentioned in every other posting about this issue. We are not posting here because we cannot read basic troubleshooting. This is much deeper than just basic port forwarding.

My friend Gordelox has spent 3 days troubleshooting this with EA, his ISP, and his own research. Development needs to address this NOW and work on a solution. These are loyal customers who have spent in excess of 100$ each on this video game and they are UNABLE to play it. This is not a simple ISP issue. ISPs have no idea what to do and do not provide support for video games.

Message 29 of 92 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@J04DAN  means that you need to have little patience,because surely there is an update,mate.Angel

Retired champion.
Message 30 of 92 (404 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help