Re: “You don’t have multiplayer games” message

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

“You don’t have multiplayer games” message

★★★ Novice

I am unable to invite a friend to play madden 21. We both have ps5 and the next gen game I believe. When I click invite to game it says you don’t have any multiplayers games.  Install multiplayer games first. When I am on madden and try to find him in the head to head section his name is not found. Sony and Ea are no help. Has anyone been able to fix this problem. Thanks for any advice. 

Message 1 of 17 (961 Views)

Community Manager

@SteelersJT11 

Are you still getting this error? 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 17 (922 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes

Message 3 of 17 (916 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve tried going through Sony and they send me to EA. I have tried all of the EA tips and still nothing. 

Message 4 of 17 (915 Views)

Community Manager

The PS5 allows you to download both versions of the game, so definitely have you both double-check that you're launching the same version.

• In regards of not seeing your friend on the list, try removing each other from your friends lists and re-add each other. I've seen that fix it.
  • Make sure you have notifications/invites set to where you get invites. Some players that had invite issues over the years forgot they disabled invites for their PSN profile.

For the Multiplayer Games message, there is a Reddit thread on this where it could be related to your account's privacy settings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jzemz5/anyone_unable_to_invite_friends_because_you_dont/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 17 (903 Views)

★★★ Novice

We downloaded the on sale

christmas madden 21 game with downloadable content. Could that be the reason. He can play other random people online but not his friend. 

Message 6 of 17 (894 Views)

Community Manager
@SteelersJT11 Is the game being shared?

The version that was purchased doesn't matter, it's only extra content that comes with MUT.

Have you power cycled the console lately?

How to power cycle your PS4 console
1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 17 (867 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah. That was one of the things we had us do.   

Message 8 of 17 (850 Views)

Community Manager
@SteelersJT11 Is the game being shared?
Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 17 (846 Views)

★★★ Novice

No it’s just his account. Just checked nba 2k21 and he was able to find his friends name. So I think this might be a madden issue. 

Message 10 of 17 (842 Views)