Re: You can't Saber Attack immediately after Dodging anymore

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

We're looking into it. 

/Atic 

Message 23 of 66 (824 Views)

★ Novice

Yes I have noticed this issue as well, please revert this back!

Message 24 of 66 (805 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I stopped playing HvV because of this crap of a "feature". 

I hope it wasnt intended, because if it is intended, then it reveals the little undesrtanding about their own game from the developers. They design the game but MAYBE NEVER PLAYED IT. 

FIX THE THING

Message 25 of 66 (730 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ok, I just tested after the update.

The Dodge Attacks are back, however in a much different state then they were before. Now you must let go of any directions while already dodging for the following dodge attack to work. And you can't queue the attack before the dodge is over by pressing its button, this will result in nothing done. So you either get the proper timing, or else either spam or hold the attack button to not lose the timing.

I welcome this change, but until further notice I don't think this should be labeled fixed.

@EA_Atic 
Is there anything else we can get from devs on this? I'd like the feature to come back to its former glory, but if they say this is what they intended with the fix, then we know they already did what they said they would.

Message 26 of 66 (680 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please fix this! Was much better when it worked!

Message 27 of 66 (669 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@RogueZeroRendar wrote:

Ok, I just tested after the update.

The Dodge Attacks are back, however in a much different state then they were before. Now you must let go of any directions while already dodging for the following dodge attack to work. And you can't queue the attack before the dodge is over by pressing its button, this will result in nothing done. So you either get the proper timing, or else either spam or hold the attack button to not lose the timing.

I welcome this change, but until further notice I don't think this should be labeled fixed.

@EA_Atic 
Is there anything else we can get from devs on this? I'd like the feature to come back to its former glory, but if they say this is what they intended with the fix, then we know they already did what they said they would.

That’s a good thing to see again the cool animations. We keep the skilled way to dodge+attack and that’s a good thing: having the need to use this combo with a good timing and let behind us the “easy win combo” we had before. I think the last update fixes perfectly this issue.

Message 28 of 66 (656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Bab0osh 
I think you miss the point. Spamming or just holding the button pretty much bypasses the timing. No need to get gud with it, just incorporate a new way to use it. The effect on the opponent will be the same, yet for the user is just a nuisance to have to relearn this, which all will in a matter of days.

It would be better if it was just like it had always been, instead of making us relearn the game for I don't know how many times already.

Message 29 of 66 (636 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@RogueZeroRendar
I’m not missing the point, if somebody involved in a lightsaber fight thinks spamming the attack button or holding it can make the win, in the first case he’ll perform more than one attack and probably hitting the air, in the second case he’ll probably do nothing, finally he’ll just see himself being outplayed by his opponent.

This issue is clearly linked to the hit detection improvements in the code, because before it was impossible to hit somebody during the whole dodge+attack combo, like if it was just a dodge. Advanced players were just doing this combo again and again, never stopping. I know it because I did it a lot. It was really frustrating to know that the best way to play was this unskilled.

I know it’s boring to learn again and again how to play, but life is like that: we had to learn how to mount horses and now we have to learn how to drive cars. Man's natural laziness shouldn't stop him from trying to make things evolve.
Message 30 of 66 (613 Views)