Original Post

Accepted Solution

You can't Saber Attack immediately after Dodging anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug If you dodge and then attack immediately after it, it'll produce no effect, while before loads of different outcomes could come from this. It was a great tool to manipulate saber combat to your needs of the moment. Now all of it is gone
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RogueZeroRendar
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Dodge and try to attack immediately after it (it used to work even if you pressed the attack button just before your dodge was over).
What happens when the bug occurs? You don't do anything, your character just stares at nothing.
What do you expect to see? Revert this issue
Please select your region Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Dodge attacks were fundamental to saber vs saber combat, It granted fluidity, diversity, and made the duels lots of fun. Now diversity is gone, fluidity is over. Dodging is an impairment to attack now, so it's even harder for a saber to find an opening on enemy sabers. Quickly dodging accross your enemy to quickly turn and attack his exposed back is not doable anymore for the delay that is there now.

Each attack after a dodge would be a specific attack from the sequence of attacks of each saber. Forward, Backwards, Left, or Right dodges would all trigger a different specific attack when you attacked just after dodging. It would resume the attack sequences from that specific attack onwards. It was the only way to manipulate which attack swings you wanted to use from all you had. Without it you're forced to always start attacking with one of your 2 opening attacks, or your 2 lunge attacks, and you can't choose which of the 2 in each case.

This removed a lot from the saber duels. Please revert this.

@EA_Atic 

If I can plead for anything around here, is a fix for this issue. Or at least the confirmation it's intentional. Please, for all I have done right for the community here and in the main forum, please, get me something as an answer, anything. This just killed all joy I had in Saber Combat, which was my favorite part of this game.

This is too much content to be thrown away like this.

Message 1 of 66 (2,544 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: You can't Saber Attack immediately after Dodging anymore

★★★★★ Expert

Despite some clear attempt to hijack this report, devs knew better and finally fixed this issue for good. Dash Attacks are now back to their former glory. An honest thank you from a dedicated Day 1 player and bughunter!

View in thread

Message 65 of 66 (1,919 Views)

All Replies

Re: You can't Attack immediately after Dodging anymore

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have noticed this issue, too. OP has outlined the issue well. Lightsaber characters are now locked out of immediately attacking after dodging since this recent patch. This must be a bug because lightsaber characters had several distinct animations for attacks immediately after dodging in specific directions. Now, they are locked out of an attack immediately after dodging as I previously noted, plus the next attack is a standard attack. This is a major issue for someone like me who enjoys playing lightsaber characters. It ruins the opportunity to dodge behind a blocking opponent and quickly backslash them. It is really game-breaking in terms of lightsaber combat. This issue desperately needs to be identified and resolved ASAP! 

Message 2 of 66 (2,495 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Please fix this issue

Message 3 of 66 (2,466 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Well I was testing out blaster heroes today before I switched to saber characters and i just can't believe you've somehow managed to make saber combat worse than it already was. The fact I've had taken away the ability to outplay another saber opponent by dodging past their block and being able to strike them is extremely disappointing and one of the most frustrating new issues to saber combat I've ever seen. Please have this a priority fix.

Message 4 of 66 (2,419 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is definitely a huge issue. Combat should be fluid. Animation halts making things clunky. This is very damaging to the skill required to play, and forces a complete dynamic shift that hurts the balance as well as the momentum of battles. Reaction based skill should be the rewarded approach. But now certain characters with high damaging stuns no longer have anything to worry about from weaker heroes, as combat will soon become stat based, if mechanics that complement reactiveness are eliminated from a fight's equation

Even looking past skill, this change/glitch slows the pace and ruins the fun of combat. Fun is the fundamental point of the game. And this is certainly killing the fun I personally had with saber combat

Message 5 of 66 (2,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I agree, please fix this - very disappointing game-numbing bug/change

see this thread for more info:

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/155762/the-beauty-and-complexity-of-the-dodge-attack-sy...

Message 6 of 66 (2,230 Views)

★★ Novice

I couldn't figure out what was missing from my attacks. I keep not making contact when attacking after a dodge but I thought I just wasn't playing as well as I normally do but after testing it on the PS4 I see exactly what the issue is. It is definitely a problem as it is much harder to complete fluid attacks now. I'm so glad you found this issue and I hope EA makes it a priority to correct the issue.

Message 7 of 66 (2,150 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem as well. My Saber strikes now behave the same after a strike. Please revert this change or fix the bug.

Message 8 of 66 (2,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Revert plz

Message 9 of 66 (2,071 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have noticed this too and it completely changed saber combat for the worst. Now there is an animation delay after you dodge, meaning you cant attack immediately post-dodge, and the so called Dodge Attack animations have been completely removed. Fix this asap please. 

Message 10 of 66 (2,043 Views)