Re: You are unable to play multiplayer games online because of your account sett

by Apheration

Original Post

Accepted Solution

You are unable to play multiplayer games online because of your account settings

★★★ Newbie

I've been receiving this error when I try to enter multiplayer. I have all privacy settings open on Xbox Live. Over 18 listed on both EA and Xbox. I am the sole owner of the Xbox, so there is no family settings or anything of the like that could've gotten turned on. Why is this occurring Frown?

Message 1 of 12 (19,882 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: You are unable to play multiplayer games online because of your account sett

★★★★★ Newbie

for me it was my gold subscription. maybe yours expired too?

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (2,123 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

If you go to your EA Privacy Settings, is there a way to make sure your friends can find you? Not sure how related that might be, just tossing ideas out there Standard smile

Message 2 of 12 (19,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There's a "Who can see your profile" section, but I already have it turned on to everyone Frown.

Message 3 of 12 (19,835 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Do you have any other EA games with online play to test out? 

Message 4 of 12 (19,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Did you find a fix for this i still can not play this game onnline everything else works fine. Other games and connection 

Message 5 of 12 (19,750 Views)

★ Novice

@irishjumpstarttt wrote:

Did you find a fix for this i still can not play this game onnline everything else works fine. Other games and connection 

Just found the issue. You need to have an active Xbox Live subscription to be able to launch/play multiplayer. This was driving me crazy for a minute! I went ahead and tested it out by purchasing a month subscription for 4.99+tax. I signed out of my Xbox profile and back in to be safe. Booted ME: Andromeda and was able to access the multiplayer immediately. 

Message 6 of 12 (19,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having this issue too, I clicked on multiplayer when I didn't have an Xbox live gold membership so got this message I then bought a years gold membership and I still get this message. All account settings are open/ there is no privacy setting that I think should block me being able to play. Extremely frustrating! Have you found any fix to this? I have signed in and out multiple times and even re installed ME:A nothing has fixed the issue.
Message 7 of 12 (19,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This works!!! Sign out and back in on main menu screen. Happy days!!!
Message 8 of 12 (19,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Any skeptics who don't believe like myself, it's true. The fix really is this simple. Smdh
Message 9 of 12 (18,557 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This doesn't work for me :-(.  I have an Xbox Live subscription (it expired, I renewed it).  Logged out, logged back in, still doesn't work.  Restarted my Xbox and logged out and back in a second time...no dice. I guess I will continue my Google search.

Message 10 of 12 (18,402 Views)