Re: You are too young or don’t have the correct permissions..

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

You are too young or don’t have the correct permissions..

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

playstation 4.

My son is age 11 and has a playstation sub-account.

He has entered a new online access (voucher) code to allow him play games online.

However, when he tries to play his new game PlanetsvsZombies gw2 he gets the following error : 

"You are too young or don’t have the  correct permissions to access online features"

The games is rated as an age 7 game so I can't understand why he can't play it online.

I have set "Allow" on all the restrictions on his sub-account.

I have spent hours online trying to find out how to solve this problem but so far I have not found a solution.

I would be very grateful for any help !

thank you.

Message 1 of 44 (26,173 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
Hi,
I had the same problem. I figured out that when I went to parent controls / sub acct I was still using my sons acct. (so it still wasn't giving me authority to change online settings)
What I did was switch controllers and hit the PlayStation button so it would recognize me as the parent/ (my acct) and went to setting from my account, parental controls , and Sub account . And then from there I changed the settings. IT WORKED!!! You just have to set up an EA acct and they will send you an email to verify your the parent . I spent an hour trying to figure this out. My kid was so stressed from waiting and so was I! I hope this helps .

View in thread

Message 4 of 44 (29,753 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

(NOTE: This response is for PlayStation users, but might help Xbox users find the answer they are looking for.)

The problem is *NOT* because the player is too young. The problem is the parental controls on your child's PSN account.

Assuming that you've properly setup your child's PSN account as a sub-account to your own (master account), all you need to do is remove the parental controls. You can do this online at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com or through your PlayStation. See guide: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/subaccount.html

TIP: Be aware that "allow" and "off" mean a restriction is disabled (parental control is turned off), but "on" and "block" mean a restriction is enabled (parent control is turned on).

IMPORTANT: Before trying again, make sure you [1] close the game from the quick menu and [2] log your child out and then log them back in. The change may not take effect unless this is done.

I wasted over an hour on the phone with EA support. They were unable to solve the problem. I had to fix it myself by experimenting. So incredibly frustrating. I'll make sure to avoid buying EA games as much as possible. Clearly they aren't investing enough money in their support teams. In the end they asked me how I fixed it and then asked me to post my answer to their support forums. THEY WANTED ME TO DO THEIR JOB FOR THEM. Angry

Message 2 of 44 (26,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried your solution, but still comes up with same error. All settings have been changed, via PlayStation & there web site. I've logged game out, restarted PlayStation, then logged back in but still same error. My kids are sad as I've spent hours trying to resolve for them ,with no positive results 😞

You would think if EA games know about issue, come up with a proper fix on there game considering it's main feature is online.

Do you have any suggestions of what I may be doing incorrectly to resolve?

Message 3 of 44 (25,672 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi,
I had the same problem. I figured out that when I went to parent controls / sub acct I was still using my sons acct. (so it still wasn't giving me authority to change online settings)
What I did was switch controllers and hit the PlayStation button so it would recognize me as the parent/ (my acct) and went to setting from my account, parental controls , and Sub account . And then from there I changed the settings. IT WORKED!!! You just have to set up an EA acct and they will send you an email to verify your the parent . I spent an hour trying to figure this out. My kid was so stressed from waiting and so was I! I hope this helps .
Message 4 of 44 (29,754 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you, @RichUniverse, for sharing you solution with us here. I am sure, a lot of players will find it useful as well.  Enjoy the game, and let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 44 (25,450 Views)

★★ Novice

So i must make a EA account to be able to allow my son to play this game? 

Sorry,  but this is not the answer I would expect... 

However,  I am going to try this,  since ea apparently REALLY needs my info... 

Message 6 of 44 (23,993 Views)

★★ Novice

What you can do,  is build an update,  so that this game works with the info that has already been set in the ps4 account at Sony. 

Message 7 of 44 (23,991 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

@Mrzed75 In order to play an EA game you will need an EA account. It is the same for almost any game which has an online element. 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 44 (23,975 Views)

★★ Novice

If that is the issue, could you explain to me, why is my older son (13) able to play this game? While the younger one (10) isn't?

Message 9 of 44 (23,931 Views)

Community Manager

@Mrzed75 Your older son may have made an EA account. 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 44 (23,922 Views)