Re: You are too young or don’t have the correct permissions..

by hyper-goat-2669

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Non of these solutions have worked for me. It’s really poor there is not a user friendly solution

Message 31 of 44 (1,722 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Its amazing years in and people are still having the same problems. Like the poster ::

my 12 old is set up with a PSN sub a/c so he can use PS4 when I'm on PS5.

I managed to get the Origin a/c set up in the Origin app (not the browser)

His PvZ B4N works fine. As does non EA games like Fortnight, etc

His PvZ GW2 does not. It asks to approve the license agreement (view / accept / decline) 

When we click Accept we the above.

The PSN parental controls have been set to both level 11 (18+) and 'Allowed' (we monitor what he does). 

Yet still he cannot get into Gw2 on the sub a/c and needs to continue to use mine. Wasted a day on this and followed the thread examples.

Have others cracked this, is there something I'm missing as customer support were unable to resolve. Any links to video soluton?

Message 32 of 44 (1,551 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

and FYI - this CPP act thingy, we aren't all in the USA. such an act has no basis here and.... if it applied why are other games, fortnite, Battle for neighbourhood etc not affected. 

EA itself really needs to sort this with a clear definitive video. I'm raging at the amount of time I've wasted trying to fix it for my kid

Message 33 of 44 (1,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Let you know if there is anything else you can do?  You didn’t do anything in the first place. No offense intended but you are an incompetent support agent. 

Message 34 of 44 (1,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still no solution?

The game does not even ask the EA account for my son! And contrary to the EA support here (a few years ago), there is no way to play offline features. Just a screen which guides to press the options button, which gives you the pop-up that you cannot use the online features, because you are too young. He doesn't need those features! What a User Experience / Game design failure! No patches, no updates? Come on. We are in Finland and I don't think US security laws should guide us. Is there a way to create an EA account for my kid, and where can I set it in the game? And can I modify age restrictions (per game hopefully) in the EA account? None of these questions are answered. Only way for my 9-year old son to play this game rated 7 years is with my account, which I like to keep under a password.

Message 35 of 44 (1,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RichUniverse How do you set up EA account? I have one, but there is no email about my son's log-in attempt
Message 36 of 44 (1,088 Views)

★★ Novice

At this point I'm not even expecting an answer from support, if they haven't solved the issue since 2014 GW Soccer ball or 2017 GW2 till December 2022 they sure aren't going to do it now.

In  the meantime many of the workarounds stopped working. Origin is gone, and now we have half-hearted EA App to mess up things even more.

I have very old EA/Origin account, and my PS5 GW2 + EA account login work fine. Going to split screen, my son can't join due to "age restrictions". If we try to start a game with his account we just get to accept EULA and then are straight getting error as described in post #1 without even an attempt to ask for Origin/EA login.

Also, to make him new EA sub-account, I had to install EA App on PC, couldn't do that on website. Why is that?! What about people that don't have PC / MAC and only have PS/Xbox and perhaps Android phone or tablet? Yet, even after I did create his account, and verified I'm his guardian, clicking verification email, and all, I don't see him in my Family settings, and worse yet - his account is completely barren in the app, only has a setting to setup Download directory path.

To add insult to injury, we can't login to his account via website, again, why? Because these sub-accounts only get EA ID and not email. Can't you develop website that accepts EA ID as login username? I've been in IT for 20+ years, and I can't wrap my head around basic stuff like this not working.

I've spent day and a half trying to make it work, I bought this game specifically for split-screen fun. Now we can just play solo on my account.

I guess my next step is throwing rocks at EA support emails trying to get a refund.

Just to make it clear - non of the proposed solutions from 2014-2022 work in December 2022, and 12-year old can't play a PEGI 7 game.

Oh oh, and... we don't even use PSN subscription! So if EA checked, they'd see that we can't access online features anyway, we just wanted to play offline split screen vs the bots and have some laughs! I guess that's out of the questions.

At the same time his account can play Miles Morales Spiderman, several war games, robots that shoot and throw bombs at each others, but... not flowers shooting cartoon character zombies. Bravo EA!

Message 37 of 44 (796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too am utterly frustrated.

Our son has EA account.
He can play and access online content for FIFA20, 21 & 22, Star wars Battlefront 2 and Fallen Jedi.

Yet still, PvZ says he doesn't have age not online rights.

Absolute joke that EA haven't resolved this.

Please PLEASE get this sorted.

Message 38 of 44 (783 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ArchuD15 Ditto!
Message 39 of 44 (755 Views)

★★ Novice

They actually locked the other thread with words "Underage accounts will be restricted in the online content that they can access, there is nothing that we can do to change this" ... AND COMPLETELY IGNORING the fact that you can't access OFFLINE CONTENT EITHER! I asked both EA and Sony to close and delete my kid's EA & PSN accounts. He will play on an adult account, as all I need as a parent is access to power cable, same as my parents controlled my own playtime 30+ years ago. All this brought me was two days of literal headaches and loss of some 8-10 hours of time that I should bill to EA.

Message 40 of 44 (746 Views)