YOU HAVE LOST CONNECTION TO THE EA SERVERS

by bankruptlemming

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The subject says it all... This is infuriating. I cannot go more that 5-10 minutes in a game without being disconnected from the lobby and taken to the main menu with the same message over and over again - "YOU HAVE LOST CONNECTION TO THE EA SERVERS." I'm trying to play on Xbox One, is this just a console thing or what??

Why are EA servers SO BAD!

Message 1 of 44 (92,572 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Massive Server Connect Issues Since Release Day

EA DICE Team

Hey @Kain067 If VPN works, then 9 out of 10 times its something to do with your ISP causing problems on your network. A VPN would bypass any restrictions that ISP would have on your network,

There is not much left I can suggest then that you talk to your ISP. :/ 

To really prove that is your ISP causing problems try another ISP, try with 4G network and the last thing is to try with another router. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 22 of 44 (56,377 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Been having this problem since the beta and I've never been able to connect. Bought the full game 2 days ago and have yet to connect to the servers. I'm not sure if the problem's on EA's end or mine? 

Called EA support and the guy gave me some * link that was of no help at all however he confirmed that my account was neither suspended or banned.

Anybody else experiencing this too?

Message 2 of 44 (92,364 Views)

Re: YOU HAVE LOST CONNECTION TO THE EA SERVERS

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @bankruptlemming 

Servers for Battlefield 1 are up and running, so can you try some troubleshooting steps from this article here https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 44 (92,322 Views)

Massive Server Connect Issues Since Release Day

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is my last ditch effort to get some kind of help with this. After that, I will be seeking a refund for this game. I first rented it on release day then bought it several days later and in this time, I was able to play maybe a total of four hours of multiplayer. The rest of the time, it would pull up the match loading screen, then kick me to the main menu with a message that says "server disconnected/ you have lost connection to the session". This went on for about five days before I got extremely irritated and called EA. The person I spoke to was very helpful and had me do a traceroute, and after talking he told me to call Comcast, and tell them about the results of the traceroute and that they would know what to do. I then called Comcast, and they had me flush my dns resolver cache. Immediately after flushing the cache, the game was able to connect to any server I chose with relative ease, and the only difference otherwise was that there was now a small white loading icon in the top right that hadn't been present while the issue was going on. 

So the game worked fine for several days. Then I spent a day or so playing GTA V for a Halloween XP special. Then I got a little bored with it and decided to fire up Battlefield 1 only to find that, yet again, I was unable to connect to any servers. I have already tried this dns flushing trick several times to see if maybe it would help again, but to no avail. 

A few last details. I am playing on PS4, all necessary ports are forwarded (but I would appreciate a list of those so I can double-check that I have the right ones), all other games in my possession with online play work perfectly fine (Rainbow Six Siege, Elder Scrolls Online, GTA V) and the only other game giving me the same issue is, surprise surprise, Battlefield 4. This is a persistent issue that never stops or goes away. I have been trying to connect for the last couple of days at all hours with no luck. I do not currently have a working phone so if support would like to contact me, it will have to be through chat or email. At this point, I really would like a refund of the game because it seems that 50% of it is not going to be functioning for the foreseeable future and it's really not worth all the irritation the issue has caused me thus far. Also irritating is the fact that I traded in a fair amount of games in order to purchase this one. That's my whole thing. If anyone has any information that can help please share it. Otherwise I'll be calling in to EA about my refund.

Message 4 of 44 (92,240 Views)

Server disconnected ps4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Every time i try to join an online match it takes me to the load screen or the que like its working then boots me out and says server disconnected, you have lost connection to the session. i haven't been able to play a single game online since it came out!

Message 5 of 44 (92,223 Views)

Xbox 1 you have lost connect to the ea server-resolved

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My account has been working since the game release.

i had dynamic post and the above has happened, read the threads so went static and opened the relevant ports.

i still have the same problems

i have used settings on my xbox and all the connection and multiplayer tests pass.  I use all services except battlefield 1 !!

please help

after lots of the above and a few other tricks, it seems that on the Xbox dashboard, highlight the game, press the menu button on the controller and choose exit.  Then reload the game (not reinstall). I had to accept all the terms again?. But works now

Message 6 of 44 (92,238 Views)

Bf1 PS4 connection lost

★★★★★ Newbie
I have problems with getting online on my PS4
I just get this message " you have lost connection to the Ea server
Message 7 of 44 (92,215 Views)

Re: Bf1 PS4 connection lost

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Cagehigh 

Have you experienced this issue before? We have an article here on PlayStation 4 connectivity troubleshooting https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/ Can you try out some steps from this article and let us know if anything resolves this issue for you?

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 8 of 44 (92,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me today
Message 9 of 44 (89,332 Views)

★★ Novice

In video options, disable directx 12. That works for me.

Message 10 of 44 (89,161 Views)