[XboxOne] Battlefield 1 - Matchmaking Failed

by fall3n_h3r01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[XboxOne] Battlefield 1 - Matchmaking Failed

★★ Novice
Hello,

SInce last weekend, I have been unable to join any Battlefield 1 multiplayer matches on my XboxOne. When I attempt to join via quickmatch, I receive the "Matchmaking Failed - An unknown error occured, please try again later" error (It has been a week, when exactly is "later"?). However, when I attempt to join via the server browser, I simply get the cloud transition animation that returns back to the browser page. The issue seems to be unique to Battlefield 1 and I have tried everything on the troubleshooting page from a cold boot to changing the NAT type and the ports. This has all been quite frustrating as I really enjoy this game.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated,

Jaedin
Message 1 of 19 (39,413 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [XboxOne] Battlefield 1 - Matchmaking Failed

★★★ Newbie

SUCCESS! After posting issue, decided to replicate EA TECH instructed actions from a previous case (the gift that keeps on giving): I unplugged, held the XBOX 1-S "on" button to discharge, turned off the Wifi for 30 seconds. Turned on Wifi, plugged back in the power cord & turned everything back on. Result-able to play a death match in Multiplayer. Coincidence? Time will tell....

View in thread

Message 7 of 19 (54,506 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@fall3n_h3r01 Hi, thanks for the detailed post. As a test, can you log into the console with another account and see if this can connect? I'd like to see whether the issue is with the console or the account. 

In any case I suspect you'll need to reach out to support. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

If you're not in the US, be sure to click the flag icon in the top right of the page to change the region.

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 19 (39,231 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David Sorry for the late reply. I had to wait for a friend to sign into their account as I only have one. My friends account seemed to work perfectly fine whereas I am still experiencing the same issue with my account.
Message 3 of 19 (39,216 Views)

Community Manager

@fall3n_h3r01 Thanks, unfortunately that makes it look pretty clearly like an account issue. Please reach out to support, they should be able to get the issue escalated so that it can be looked at. 

Sorry that I couldn't do more to assist. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 19 (39,205 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David I will call support then. Thank you for your assistance.
Message 5 of 19 (39,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue; I played Fri Night fine, however Sat., Sun & Mon. I experienced same problem. I saw message when trying to enter an old school Server as either the only player or to complete the aggregate of max players. If I tried any other BF1 type Game, the last box "matchmaking" remained unchecked as the progress circle spun. Perhaps unrelated, my EA account ends Dec 2nd 2016. I went online to extend but the choice to extend never executes.

Message 6 of 19 (39,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SUCCESS! After posting issue, decided to replicate EA TECH instructed actions from a previous case (the gift that keeps on giving): I unplugged, held the XBOX 1-S "on" button to discharge, turned off the Wifi for 30 seconds. Turned on Wifi, plugged back in the power cord & turned everything back on. Result-able to play a death match in Multiplayer. Coincidence? Time will tell....

Message 7 of 19 (54,507 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked, but when I unplugged my xbox one it wiped all my save data. Peace out field manuals, codexes, etc. 

Message 8 of 19 (38,795 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am showing a "Match Making Failed" error on my account. Gamer tag is Jett Ax .

Message 9 of 19 (38,241 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I am currently experiencing matchmaking failed error. Gamer tag G3MSapphir3
Message 10 of 19 (37,734 Views)