by nereidaqueen

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Xbox series X crash in Battlefield V every few minutes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi,

since I installed BTV in my new Xbox Series X, the game just crash all the time with this issue and I can't play:

after few minutes playing or just when a  macth just start, the screen froze and I have to press longer the switch on button of the console in order to can turn off and later turn on again, like when you are doing a hard reset. 

It only happen to me with this game. I cleared the cache, also the local data in the console, uninstalled the game 3 times and installed again.

At the beginning was weird cus my Samsung Qled TV didn't recognize my Xbox Series X like "Xbox", just like a video game console, so I had to turn on manually the game mode. But after put in the HDMI ACR port, it recognized the console like XBOX console. I could play one morning about more than one hour without frozen screen, so I thought it was solved, but I think probably was just casuality.

It doesn't happen in menu, is when you are playing, I tried in combinated weapons and multiplayer, and both crash after few minutes with frozen screen, maybe you can be playing just for 2 minutes, 5 minutes or even 10..is random..

I know the issue there is with the ray Tracing in another games and Xbox Series X, but I'm not sure if BTV has this already activated cus I think is not "smart delivery" game.

Someone can help me?

Thank you so much in advance.

Message 1 of 11 (2,828 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox series X crash in Battlefield V every few minutes

★★ Apprentice
@tripicalmoon23 I think it's the better option, why my friends which have a Xbox series X don't have any issue with BTV and mine did? Dunno if at the first update when we connect new the Xbox the Operative System has a kind of corrupt file which can't be fixed and make certain games crash with frozen screen and makes hard reset all the time. Because we can't install since 0 a new Operative System like another Xbox consoles with a pendrive as before, just restart console but its already updated so we can't overwrite files anymore and we don't know and of course they don't give any solution, I Mean MS, about it, I think even they don't know what's going on. So yes, better we wait to buy a new one with no issues than stay like fools without can play not only this game, who knows which ones can be affected since one is already not working. Im waiting stock in some online stores, at the meantime I'll stay with my Xbox One X. Regards!!

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,393 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @nereidaqueen

Does it seem like this is happening on a specific map or game mode, or is it just totally random? Have you noticed any other strange issues in-game leading up to the crashes, such as stuttering or audio issues? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,777 Views)

★★ Apprentice

HI!!

It's random, no matter which type of mode you play.

I tried with a new profile too cus I called directly to EA support and we did all the steps possible again, like hard reset which it's inevitable every time the screen froze, try to play campaign mode or multiplayer or combinated weapons.

Also its random when it's happen, it can be after 2 min, 4, 6 or 10 minutes... but how can I explain?

I notice for example, it usually happen after a cinematic in campaign, also more frecuently after you are killed in multiplayer, just when the camera go out to show the map and just at the moment when you are back to start again in the new respawn, or just when you finish a macth and you pick your character, it show up the new map, and at the moment the camera stop to show the big map and put in first person to start to play.

Also if I'm playing, when for example it happen more explosions or more shoots at the same time.

I have the stadistics in the screen, and when it happen, how the screen keep frozen in look and it doesn't appair any packet lost, the latency is 35, and it doesn't appair nothing strange about its something from internet connection, I use cable and my download speed is about 600mb/s down, up about 400mb/s. Open NAT.

It's only with this game. I tried COD warfare, COD cold War and it works perfectly (without the ray Tracing activated the last one cus it happens with this game it has issues with it).

At EA support they don't have answer about why this happen, they was searching information but the girl after be trying all the things we did, hard reset, clear cache, delete local data, uninstall and install again, nothing... I even installed at external disk, the one I used at my old Xbox One X, and still happening same thing.

So I don't know what thing can be the problem yet.

Message 3 of 11 (2,765 Views)

Community Manager

@nereidaqueen 

Thanks! I appreciate the info. So it sounds like it seems to be more common when there's some kind of scene transition. I'll pass this along to the team for a look. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 11 (2,753 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you very much, I wonder if it has something to be with the dev kit Microsoft just released past June, if they have to change something because this next Gen of consoles even if it's not "smart delivery" (make better for Xbox Series X with Ray tracing etc).

It's not always when transition of scenes of course, but all the crashes I observed when it happened, and yes, about the 80% we can say it was in that and 20% playing normal without transition.

I didn't count how many times I put the game, but between 15 or 20 times and all this times crashes of course less one time I was playing one hour without problem.

So should I close this post Kent like resolved? Or should I wait opened just in case they answer to you back?

Thank you very, very much, I wonder when will be possible to can play. MS operative system was a little update 02 Dic but nothing changed about crash, and I don't want to try anymore cus I see it can produce a broke in the system for the hard reset every time the screen froze.

Thank you and have a good weekend!!

Message 5 of 11 (2,748 Views)

Community Manager

@nereidaqueen 

I'd recommend leaving the post open for now. If I have an update to share I'll follow up here and let you know. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 11 (2,731 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent OK so I let open just in case there is an uptade, thanks a lot! !!! Wink
Message 7 of 11 (2,713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem, I tried several other settings and all that but Battlefield V just keeps freezing in the game after a few minutes... I also tried with Battlefield I but it's the same there. All my other games work perfectly but since Battlefield is one of my favourite games, I hope we get a solution soon...

Message 8 of 11 (2,577 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@tripicalmoon23 Well, after tried with EA support everything even with a new profile of Xbox and EA, and also with Microsoft, I decided to return my Xbox One Series X and refund my money before the European warranty can't refund the money, cus MS didn't want since the begging to give my money back, they wanted to send my Xbox to Fix, at forums from Xbox issues, there is another games like Valhalla and COD with same problems.
My friends have BTV and works perfectly at their Xbox series X consoles.
I will wait to buy another one when they have in stock.
Message 9 of 11 (2,568 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also decided to return the xbox now. Last week I sent it to the repair service but they said they checked it and didn't find anything. On friday I got it back and tried again - same issue as before. My bf also has the series x and Battlefield works perfectly there, but then he also tried and logged in with his account on my xbox and it didn't work. So I guess it probably is not an EA fault and best thing is to buy another xbox in a few months and hope that it will work then...

Message 10 of 11 (2,424 Views)