Re: Xbox one x Problem loading

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox one x Problem loading

★★★ Newbie

Ok so we have a digital copy of Battlefield V Deluxe Edition

It won`t load the game, just stays at the select profile or play as my gamertag screen. But when i sign in to my son`s profile it works fine on his profile.

If i change the profile on the game once it`s loaded as him to my profile it still stays the same. Nothing.

I`ve tried all the things i have read.

Deleting profile, reinstalling.

Hard reset xbox and modem.

Deleted and re-installed the game 3 times.

Still exactly the same.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (527 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice

It sounds like the game may have been purchased on your son's account and that your Xbox is not set as your son's "Home" console. However, it should give you popup asking if you own this game if that were the case. If that is the case that means any profile attempting to play the game on that Xbox won't have the license to play it digitally.

You can see if you can sign into your son's account and then sign into your own while keeping your son signed in and seeing if that will let you play. Otherwise you may have to set that Xbox as your son's home Xbox. If your son is already gamesharing with another Xbox in the house or with a friend somewhere else then you may have to rely on keeping your son signed in if you want to pay on your own profile assuming that will work with this particular game.

The way digital games and DLC licenses work on Xbox is that one is assigned to the profile that purchased the content and another license to the "Home" console. Any profile on the "Home" console would be able to play Battlefield 5 or any other digital game.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox
  1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  2. Select System > Settings > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.
  3. Do either of the following:
    • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
    • Select Remove this as my home Xbox to remove the designation.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (477 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Are you and your son using the same system in the house or are you gamesharing from different locations? If it is the same system you will need to make one tag the master account and the other a sub-account. 

I think using two different systems works differently on Xbox than it does PS so I'm not sure I can personally help further - if someone else could shed some light that would be great

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 3 (514 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It sounds like the game may have been purchased on your son's account and that your Xbox is not set as your son's "Home" console. However, it should give you popup asking if you own this game if that were the case. If that is the case that means any profile attempting to play the game on that Xbox won't have the license to play it digitally.

You can see if you can sign into your son's account and then sign into your own while keeping your son signed in and seeing if that will let you play. Otherwise you may have to set that Xbox as your son's home Xbox. If your son is already gamesharing with another Xbox in the house or with a friend somewhere else then you may have to rely on keeping your son signed in if you want to pay on your own profile assuming that will work with this particular game.

The way digital games and DLC licenses work on Xbox is that one is assigned to the profile that purchased the content and another license to the "Home" console. Any profile on the "Home" console would be able to play Battlefield 5 or any other digital game.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

Designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox
  1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
  2. Select System > Settings > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.
  3. Do either of the following:
    • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
    • Select Remove this as my home Xbox to remove the designation.
Message 3 of 3 (478 Views)