Re: Xbox one game won't start

by vjs2016

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox one game won't start

★★★ Newbie

Xbox one game won't start.  The loading screen appears and after a delay the system says it is taking too long to load and goes back to Xbox menu.  I have tried to restart, I have also tried to uninstall, restart and it still fails.

Message 1 of 12 (9,021 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@the_elbozz There was an update since your post, have you installed it?  If you have and the issue persists, please restart your system fully and check again. 

Hold the button on the front of the machine until it beeps and shuts down. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (10,079 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@the_elbozz There was an update since your post, have you installed it?  If you have and the issue persists, please restart your system fully and check again. 

Hold the button on the front of the machine until it beeps and shuts down. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (10,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem, I've done the update and tried everything, Xbox one support said it has to be on your end for it not working, is there anything else we can do??? Thanks.
Message 3 of 12 (8,969 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David
I'm having the same problem, I've done the update and tried everything, Xbox one support said it has to be on your end for it not working, is there anything else we can do??? Thanks.
Message 4 of 12 (8,967 Views)

Community Manager

@vjs2016 Hey, is it failing in the same manner as in the first post? A reinstall of the content might be the best step to take next. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 12 (8,955 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It was working fine until the Jan update? Have tried deleting / uninstalling and reinstalling etc but no change, 

Message 6 of 12 (8,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did exactly the same and the game won't launch. I have a very unhappy son - EA fix your updates....

Message 7 of 12 (8,828 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem as of today. It goes to the AT-AT loading screen, then after a few seconds goes back to dashboard. Tried restarting, removing disc. I'd rather not uninstall the game and start over, if it's all the same.

Message 8 of 12 (8,820 Views)

Community Manager

Can you try the full shutdown and restart if you haven't already? If this has no effect, have there been any other updates?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 12 (8,817 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the prompt response. I just tried hard restart, and on the second try it worked. Took a while to think about it at the load screen, but ultimately decided I could play. If anyone else has the problem, do try holding the power button on the front of the console down to force shutdown, if it doesn't work first time, try again.

Message 10 of 12 (8,814 Views)