by niledeltadisco

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox one crashing during multiplayer game

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Multiplayer games getting returned to Xbox home screen part way through game
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Chico S73
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 10/23/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) All times
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play GA/Co-op online
What happens when the bug occurs? Mid-game I get returned to xbox home screen and BF2 has stopped functioning
What do you expect to see? Finishing the current map game-mode on BF2
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number n/a

Both GA and Co-op fail to finish the current map. Returned to XBOX home page

Message 1 of 63 (10,567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox one crashing during multiplayer game

EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

We had a patch on the 30th October addressing several crashes.

Patch notes: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Star-Wars-Battlefront-II-Oct-30th-Patch-Release-Notes/m-p...

Is anyone on Xbox still experience any crashing issues? 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 48 of 63 (6,702 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@chicosim73 Same for me on xbox one.
Message 2 of 63 (10,500 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I hope they can fix this soon!

@EA_Atic 

This comes from this thread in the main forum: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/148274/game-is-crashing-after-update

I asked there if they get any error code, but it seems they don't. I got the 216 code like I shared with you on the ewok hunt crash report

Message 3 of 63 (10,491 Views)

Swbf2 crashes mid game after update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

2 crashes in less than one hour

Capital supremacy and GA. 

Xbox one s europe

Game crashes to dashboard when screen is changing the scene ie. : spawn screen transition =crash, game loading screen transition =crash etc

Message 4 of 63 (10,401 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Happens to me too.  CS and GA, my son also said it's happening on Ewok hunt.  No obvious rhyme or reason that I've been able to determine - just boom,suddenly you're back at the xbox home screen.

Message 5 of 63 (10,437 Views)

Crashing

★★ Novice

Summarize your bug My game has been crashing randomly during multiplayer with no reason whatsoever.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Spartan 22503
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 10/23/2019
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 09:15 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Capital Supremacy
What is your time zone? PNT (MST) - GMT - 7:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game on Co-Op mode for awhile.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the bug activates, the game crashes and sends me back to the dashboard.
What do you expect to see? A patch to fix this.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Fix please

Message 6 of 63 (7,893 Views)

★★★ Novice

Crashing started right after 23Oct19 “October parch”. Never really had any stability issues.  BF2 crashed maybe once every now and then.  It only happened a few times.  After the Oct patch during 3 hours of gameplay BF2 crashed about 5-6 times and my friend had it even worse.

Also saw some crazy lobbies.  Lobbies full only on one side.  This patch has opened a can of worms. 

Message 7 of 63 (10,409 Views)

Game crashing(every Multiplayer mode)

★★★ Novice

Summarize your bug Before the new "Hunt" multi player mode was introduced, my game was fine. I have played like 10+ gmaes in a row and the game wouldn't crash at all. But now the game crashes every 2 games. Sometumes I can't even finish a single multi player game. I thought it was my graphic setting was too high or my storage was low, but although I have turned off the camera effect and had 400+ GB of storages, the game tends to keep on crashing. The funny thing is it doesn't show any crash message. The gmae just freezes for 1-2 second(sometimes with sounds glitched) and just turn the game off, forcefully sending me to the home menu! I have seen a lot of players havimg the same issue as me. I want direct answers and I hope this get fixed asap.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Violent Teddypoo
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? October 22nd ~ present
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Most of the time I try to play it
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game on multi player mode. I had problem with very single one.
What happens when the bug occurs? My game freezes for 1-2 seconds and than it forcefully kick me back to my home munu. Or sometimes it just crashes during loading screen or selection screen.
What do you expect to see? I want response from EA that they acknowledge the error or bug that is occuring and they take this seriously, which I expect to end as soon as possible.

Summarize your bug Before the new "Hunt" multi player mode was introduced, my game was fine. I have played like 10+ gmaes in a row and the game wouldn't crash at all. But now the game crashes every 2 games. Sometumes I can't even finish a single multi player game. I thought it was my graphic setting was too high or my storage was low, but although I have turned off the camera effect and had 400+ GB of storages, the game tends to keep on crashing. The funny thing is it doesn't show any crash message. The gmae just freezes for 1-2 second(sometimes with sounds glitched) and just turn the game off, forcefully sending me to the home menu! I have seen a lot of players havimg the same issue as me. I want direct answers and I hope this get fixed asap.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? THF010102
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? OCTOBER 22ND ~ PRESENT
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) MOST OF THE TIME I HAVE PLAYED THE GAME
What is your time zone? PRT - GMT - 4:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to play the game. Play Galatic Assault, Capital Supremecy, Hero vs. Villan, legit ANY multiplayer mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? My game freezes for 1-2 seconds and than it forcefully kick me back to my home munu. Or sometimes it just crashes during loading screen or selection screen.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this bug or error fixed asap. At least I want answers or response that EA acknowledged the error and they working on it to fix it.

Message 8 of 63 (10,362 Views)

Crashing after update XBox

★★★ Newbie

. It happens so randomly. I can play a couple games,  or be in the middle of my first one. But I will randomly go to a black screen and then taken to Xbox Home menu;  and the game has then reset itself. Prior to the update on 10/23/2019,  I did not have this issue. 

Message 9 of 63 (10,355 Views)

Re: Game crashing(every Multiplayer mode)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey everyone, 

@chicosim73  @TexasBoots17  @THF010102 @Fl1mFlam @niledeltadisco 

We are aware of this issue and have a main topic here addressing the crashing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Status-Update-Oct-24/td-p/8349498/jump-to/first-unread-me...

Any updates abut the issue will be posted there. 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 63 (10,347 Views)