Re: Xbox one Apex Legends freezing after duo update

by Yaoart

Original Post

Xbox one Apex Legends freezing after duo update

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I get into a game of Apex duo's the textures becomes clay like and the game ends up freezing how could I fix this issue?

Message 1 of 7 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Have the same problem. Still waiting on solution. My problem is on the PC tho.

Message 2 of 7 (415 Views)

Community Manager

@Rektalizer Hey, can you try a repair? You can find the option if you right-click the game panel in Origin. 

@Apex-Ubiytsa It sounds like something went wrong with the update, can you try a reinstall?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 7 (402 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Already tried reinstalling the game, updating drivers, checking CPU/GPU work. None of it helped. For what I see problem is in the game client because it started right after the duo update. Benchmark showed nice results, other games don't freeze. 

Message 4 of 7 (394 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_David All platforms have the same problem. A problem with the last update. Repairing, re-downloading, updating can't solve this problem.

Message 5 of 7 (373 Views)

Community Manager

@Rektalizer It sounds like you're monitoring performance, so so I'm clear, you're not seeing any spike in CPU or GPU (or even 100% HDD) usage before the freeze?

If you use more than one HDD, can you try installing the game to the alternate one?

@Yaoart Can you post your dxdiag? While some folks are indeed seeing this, this isn't a hugely widespread issue, so any info on why it might be happening can help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 7 (329 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm using SSD for the system and HDD for games and etc. Apex is currently installed on HDD and I simply don't have enough space to move it to SSD. If this can help I'll try to move the game, but the problem happend after the update and game always was installed to HDD. So I'm not sure if it can help.

Message 7 of 7 (305 Views)