Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Xbox controller bugged on PC

by RandomSpank

Original Post

Xbox controller bugged on PC

★★★★ Novice

Since launch there has been a bug where if my Javelin is stationary it would occasionally start walking left. It didn't happen that often so I overlooked it. It was annoying when trying to revive a downed player because my javelin would start moving and the moment the "X/revive" symbol goes of the screen the revive stops and resets. Not a deal breaker for me because getting downed in Anthem doesn't happen that often.

Since the most recent patch (May 2019) this is happening more frequently! Furthermore, the Xbox controller occasionally stops working in the game entirely!! I have to push the Xbox button in the middle of the controller, navigate the Xbox overlay menu so that it reconnects and I can keep playing.

I am using a wired official 360 controller for PC

Message 1 of 7 (314 Views)

Re: Xbox controller bugged on PC

Hey @RandomSpank

I would recommend checking out this Link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Thanks Standard smile 

- iluminate

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 2 of 7 (295 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @iluminatethesky

Thank you for the response and the llink. 

Unfortunately it didn't help, I only experience this problem on Anthem. I use the controller in other games and programs and I do not have the problem. 

I tried calibrating the controller but still no resolution, it only halpens on Anthem. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 7 (285 Views)

Hey @RandomSpank,

You're welcome.

If possible, have you tried another Controller by any chance?

I personally have an Xbox One Elite Controller that I use sometimes on PC for Anthem, and it works really well.

Unfortunately I haven't tried with an Xbox 360 controller, I used to have the wireless kit for PC.

Let me know if you're able to try another controller, and if it works.

Thanks Standard smile

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 4 of 7 (282 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @iluminatethesky 

Apologies for the delay in my response.

I was pretty certain it wasn't the control because using the same control on other games I did not experience the bug however, I took your advice and used a new wired Xbox 360 controller for windows and the same thing happened.

I would be interested to know if anyone else is having this issue.

Thank you for your help so far =)

Message 5 of 7 (225 Views)

Hey @RandomSpank

Did you happen to get this issue sorted?

If not, have you tried turning off the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher, and any other Overlays you might be using such as Discord?

Also, do you happen to have a newer Gen controller that you can try out, like an Xbox One Controller to see if you have the same issue? If not, no worries. 

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 6 of 7 (183 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Once again, sorry for the delay in responding. Unfortunately I dont have a newer gen ccontroller. 

As for the overlay, I domt use Discord andnIntried turning off the Origin overlay it didnt help. 

Im guessing since noone else has reported this it has to be me? Lol

Message 7 of 7 (98 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help