Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Xbox -- Stuck on "Connecting to Online Services"

by KlattuBarada

Original Post

Re: Xbox -- Stuck on "Connecting to Online Services"

★★★★ Novice
Another weird thing... I have a basic cable modem not a gateway.
So I'm not sure how to solve.
Message 11 of 15 (143 Views)

Community Manager

Glad we were able to narrow it down @KlattuBarada, have you already tried placing the Xbox in a DMZ to see if that helps? 

-EA_Cade
Message 12 of 15 (129 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks EA_Cade.
With your suggestions I was able to locate the problem. My wife had turned on a feature of our router called Circle (by Disney). It acts like an "easier" version of OpenDNS. She was using it to monitor our children's activity and block unwanted websites.
For some reason, it must have been blocking the connection to the Anthem servers even though other EA online games worked just fine (Apex, Battlefront, Battlefield). Removing the Xboxes from the monitored devices list cleared up the problem immediatly.
As a test I went back and removed all of the port forwarding settings in the router and Anthem connected just fine (i.e. UPnP is on).

Thanks again for responding.
Message 13 of 15 (181 Views)

Community Manager

@KlattuBarada What an odd issue. I'll get this up to the game team to see if we can get those whitelisted on their side. Standard smile

-EA_Cade
Message 14 of 15 (80 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have a Netgear Router. Here is some more info about it. https://www.netgear.com/landings/circle/
Message 15 of 15 (76 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help