Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Xbox One anthem Freezes and restarts

by Slenderangel

Original Post

Xbox One anthem Freezes and restarts

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Every 5-10 mins anthem crashes due to it not being able to connect to EA servers when it is working every 5-10mins it freezes forcing me to restart it and loss progress by about 10-15mins. 

I've tried restarting my internet, restarting me Xbox one, uninstalling and reinstalling and checking my EA access but keeps freezing and failing to connect every 5-10mins. At this point, its been an hour of me restarting it or it restarting the game all for nothing. I really like the game if EA fixed the servers and fixed the bugs but its definitely impossible to play and enjoy at all because of the freeze's, dropouts, restarts, and loss of progress ima going to just uninstall it and return it back to the store. unless EA and Bioware pull their fingers out and fix the bugs and the servers. By the way, I paid 120 dollars for the preorder and I can not enjoy it. I could have bought something that actually worked on day 1.

Message 1 of 15 (5,011 Views)

Re: Xbox One anthem Freezes and restarts

★★★★★ Newbie

Okay so I have the same problem but I have a temporary fix that lasts an hour or two, you have to clear your alternate MAC address in network settings and it lasts longer if you are not the host so join reinforcements using quick play or join a friend.

Message 2 of 15 (4,857 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I had no problem playing last night up until 2am this morning. Went to sleep, got up to get on now and some 4gb update was added. Now, it’s telling me, “This EA account is restricted, from online services”. I have solid internet, every other game plays fine, with no connection issues. I like the game, it’s pissing me off, cause it’s unplayeable.

Message 3 of 15 (4,747 Views)

★★ Novice

I have got this same issue can’t start the game properly there is no audio and when the games starts to load it takes me back to the title screen

Message 4 of 15 (4,599 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I keep getting the same problems 

Message 5 of 15 (4,446 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve also had the same issue, the game froze on Xbox, lost all audio to the game and would not let me back in the game at all, tells me the servers are down, started around 1am Uk time, and now at 9am it is still having the same issues. 

Message 6 of 15 (4,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Update, clearing your alternative MAC address does work for a while. Still had a few problems in game but I can atleast play now for the most part. BioWare should be handing out half what we paid as bloody compensation.

Message 7 of 15 (4,062 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Im personally about to be done with Xbox. I dont see or hear of any PS4 players going through this constantly.

Message 8 of 15 (3,811 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I looked over these forums and i see quite a few people from PS4 and PC having these same issues, most notably PC

Message 9 of 15 (3,798 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ps 4 user here, have been stuck at title screen for 2 days. Screen says game is 1.02 but my ps4 says it's at 1.03. Wont load .

Message 10 of 15 (3,790 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help