Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox One X 4K HDR Stutter (Fifa 18)

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I have the following setup;

TV - 60KS7000 (8000 for US)
Console - Xbox One X
Cables - HDMI 4K 60FPS 4:4:4 capable (tested on other devices)

While playing Fifa 18 at 4K HDR on the X, I noticed that there are frame drops from time to time. Especially during kickoff or goalkeeper kicks.

This only happens while having the HDR setting turned on. 1080P and 4K without HDR has no problems.
Since HDR is supposed to only have a very minimal impact on FPS, it's an odd thing to happen.

Does this sound familiar?

Message 1 of 15 (9,837 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox one X fifa18 HDR/4K lag!!!

★★★★ Novice
fix the problem .for some reason when my xbox is on auto detect setting in display i get stutter.i have to turn off auto detected and switch to 1080p and it runs perfect. dont know if thats a tv or xbox issue. this is only in some games most run perfect in hdr 10 i only have this problem with ea games like fifa.

View in thread

Message 5 of 15 (10,052 Views)

All Replies

Re: Xbox One X 4K HDR Stutter (Fifa 18)

★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here I have a samsung un55un8700 what is weird because this model is not supposed to have dhr

Message 2 of 15 (9,557 Views)

Re: Xbox One X 4K HDR Stutter (Fifa 18)

★★★★ Novice
Same here ,kick off and golekicks.the game goes choppy speeds up then sorts itself out.4k aswell and hdr off solves .but a dmt want it off never paid to have it turnd off .spent a day on xbox support tryed everything nothing wotk.star wars does it aswell but only when your waitin to join a game at spaw from death.typical ea and thay wot solve it a bet ether as this threds been open 3 weeks and no a responce from support.typical
Message 3 of 15 (9,436 Views)

Xbox one X fifa18 HDR/4K lag!!!

★★★★ Newbie
Tweeted @EASPORTSFIFA, they sent me here. I bought #FIFA18 last week but having some major lag issues with 4K&HDR when I'm playing campaign! Is this a known issue or is it just me? Any advice? Other HDR games work great. Please help!!! I want to enjoy FIFA
Message 4 of 15 (9,067 Views)

Re: Xbox one X fifa18 HDR/4K lag!!!

★★★★ Novice
fix the problem .for some reason when my xbox is on auto detect setting in display i get stutter.i have to turn off auto detected and switch to 1080p and it runs perfect. dont know if thats a tv or xbox issue. this is only in some games most run perfect in hdr 10 i only have this problem with ea games like fifa.
Message 5 of 15 (10,053 Views)

i have

★★★★ Novice

I recently bought an xbox one x and a 4k tv. When im playing Fifa de frame rate drops so bad I can't even play. It only happens while playing Fifa. Can you give me an answer.

Message 6 of 15 (8,663 Views)

Re: i have

Community Manager

@tripleskilerNL Have you ensured that you have the Xbox plugged into one of the 4K HDMI ports and also that you have turned off any additional options on the TV such as Tru Motion and Sports Mode. 

Message 7 of 15 (8,635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

go into tv setting and find hdmi ports ,select and find the option for 4.2.0 or 4.4.4 ,my tv has both tied together. then select it and you get hdr and all green ticks..but i still get stutter so i have to set my xbox to manual  setup and select 1080p for fifa to run perfect if i dont i just stutters all the time.only fifa ,battfiled and battlefront cause this for me every other game i play in 4k hdr 10 just ea games dnt work right for me.

Message 8 of 15 (8,620 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got true motion disabled but I still have the issue are there more solutions?

Message 9 of 15 (8,612 Views)

★★★★ Novice

turn on game mode ,stop all processing on your tv like uhd.hdr sharpness , colour enhancement, dynamic contrast and re name your hdmi port to PC. having uhd,hdr can cause  input delay  of up to 90ms on most tv which isn't good on fifa ,i.e everything feels just a bit off like tackles and passing. but i still got stutter  after doing all this only way i solved it is by turning off auto detect  in display options in your xbox,for fifa only, and put it on 1080p.yes its not in 4k but  it doesnt stutter anymore.its not your tv or the xboxs fault just most games dont use hdr technology right yet.

Message 10 of 15 (8,607 Views)

fifa-zigzag-img

Open these ports in FIFA 18

Try opening (or forwarding) these ports to help improve your connection.

View more on EA Help

fifa-18-promo-img-2

Update your FUT Security Question

Help keep your FUT account secure to the max! This one is separate from your EA Account.

Use EA Help's steps on your trusted device
orange-gradient-rectangle-image

Prevent disconnects and DNFs

Troubleshoot your connection to avoid DNFs