Re: Xbox One (OG) No Longer Can Properly Run The Game In Season 7.

by awthentik83

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox One (OG) No Longer Can Properly Run The Game In Season 7.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My main account I started on Xbox with and have played every single season since release. Starting in season 5 I noticed performance issues with stuttering and just complete loss of frames. I have dealt with it in and off until now where it is so bad in season 7 that it affects aiming, gunfights, positioning. Just everything. It feels like the game is no longer optimized to run on my old system and it is the account I have all my skins and history on.

I have tried clearing the cache and just about every trick I've read on here to try and fix it. Some even assumed it has to do with my internet but I assure you it is not because I now have to play Apex on PC with a brand new account and it runs fine. No stutters, no bad connectivity, nothing. 

This needs to be addressed ASAP. I understand there is a new console generation out but now I feel as if all the money I have spent has gone to waste. I also own the premium pass on Xbox and cannot even complete it because the game is no longer playable in it's current state. 

This is just another reason we desperately need cross progression to come sooner rather than later. 

Message 1 of 9 (787 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

@EA_Atic this is leading nowhere. Thanks for your time.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (632 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
A quick question @illnastyone When did you clean the Xbox last time and how old is it?

/Atic
Message 2 of 9 (748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Atic Clean, as in, take apart the Xbox and clean it out? I've never done that. Also if you mean clean as in, keep dust off or away from it I promise you it is spotless and runs silently. Also, this Xbox has zero problems running any other game. Only Apex runs like it is no longer optimized for the oldest Xbox Gen. I bought the Xbox when Fallout 4 released. 

Message 3 of 9 (739 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Atic tried again tonight. It's like a stop motion flipbook.

EDIT: I know that sounds vague so to elaborate a bit. The game may run smoothly when no one is around but once I engage in a gunfight and the enemy returns fire the game freezes. Sometimes to the point that ghost bullets will end up killing me. It shows they haven't fired back yet but I will die and then they will fire. 

Message 4 of 9 (723 Views)

EA DICE Team

Yeah I was thinking cleaning as removing dust on inside, its being 5 years old I imagine there is quite a lot of dust in there. @illnastyone 

Did you clear local and online saves for Apex, power cycle the console. factory reset the console, try another gamertag? 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 9 (689 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Atic I understand this is your job but "dust" being the issue is such a desperate reach. It is kind of embarrassing to even suggest. Mind you this is the only game that does it so suggesting that it could be dust in my Xbox sounds kind of unprofessional and like a hail mary suggestion at this point. But to clarify. My Xbox is spotless and runs silent, it is very clean. It revs up sometimes when starting games and that is about it. 

With that said, I have not cleared local saves as I did not know that would help. Would that not clear progression? I've done the "hard reset" on my console as well where you hold the power button down till it turns off and then unplug it from the power source. None of this has made a difference. 

Message 6 of 9 (679 Views)

EA DICE Team
@illnastyone Its not uncommon that dust in console being an issue and with the console being 7-5 years old its normal that happens.

But there are other items to test. Clearing local and online storage only remove local items such as settings. Multiplayer is saved on our side.

Does the same issue happen on a different Xbox account?

Worst case would be factory reset the console.

/Atic
Message 7 of 9 (651 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Atic this is leading nowhere. Thanks for your time.

Message 8 of 9 (633 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem since season 7. I can also confirm that it is NOT a internet issue. I have Xfinity and Verizon on two separate routers both running over 300MPS upload and download. Have you found any solution? I did the console factory reset just two days ago and got smooth gameplay for a day and then the problem came back. Myself and a friend in the same region [WashingtonDC] both have this same problem. When we are in games together, we confirm that the glitch happens at the exact same time. However, He is on a Xbox S so I dont think it is a hardware issue. It is ruining the experience for me

Message 9 of 9 (596 Views)