[ Xbox One ] Game crashes when friend joins

by BPH_Wussie

Original Post

Re: [ Xbox One ] Game crashes when friend joins

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
@EA_Jenni

Apologies, I misunderstood. Agreed, I can see why finding a solution can be extremely difficult when targeted towards a selected number of people. I only hope there is something that can be done, even if it takes a little while longer. Also, it has been a while since the last update where we were told it would be looked into. So, just wanted to persist on the matter.
Message 71 of 99 (2,397 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Totally understandable why you are looking for answers on this Standard smile  

Message 72 of 99 (2,389 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Jenni could it be related to specific ISPs? Brand or Modem/Routers? If at some point down the road nothing can be found are refunds able to be rewarded or some sort of compensation?

I understand it is hard to replicate as stated in a previous post. This issues has just caused the limited amount of us to become frustrated because our friends can't play with us in a party.

Message 73 of 99 (2,388 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This happens on Xbox one. Whenever I receive an invite from a friend and try either join the backyard or Garden Ops, the game freezes and lags. This occurs whether I host or someone else hosts. I have ATT Uverse for internet and do not have this issue in any other games.
Message 74 of 99 (2,365 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So, not sure what happened but long-story short... it FINALLY works!!! I finally connected to my girlfriend, we just decided, "hey why the heck not, lets try again". Next thing you know, I am joining here game and we are both in the Backyard without issue.

I will note that I joined her via notification invite and that a few days back I was contacted by @Popcap_JaGo as I assume the rest of you were. Otherwise, we are playing at the moment without issue - which is so amazing! Finally!!! After so long... I can enjoy this amazing game.... so great... :eahigh_file:

If anything changes I will post immediately, also update confirming we are free from problems.

I hope everyone is good too.

As for whatever the fix was,

Thank you.

Message 75 of 99 (2,349 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Glad things are ok now, sorry for the trouble Standard smile

Message 76 of 99 (2,331 Views)

★ Guide
I have this problem right now. Everytime I try joining my friends game my and only my game crashes and everytime my friend tries joining me, my game also crashes.
Is there any fix to this? I'm in Xbox btw Thanks : P
Message 77 of 99 (2,322 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I am still having this issue. Everytime my friends joins me, it continues to crash my game as well as my other friends games.
Message 78 of 99 (2,263 Views)

Re: Game crashes when friend joins

★★★ Newbie
Does this have anything to do with the person that isn't crashing owns the game and you are getting it off them?
Message 79 of 99 (2,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would like to know what they did to fix it for you because it is happening to me and it looks like no one is fixing this issue. I just learned while attempting a work around that i joined a friend through an invite while he was in a lobby doing the boss hunt. But still can't join the backyard battleground lobby. I am playing on the Xbox as well. Any replies would be much appreciated.

Message 80 of 99 (2,070 Views)