[ Xbox One ] Game crashes when friend joins

by BPH_Wussie

Original Post

Re: Game crashes when friend joins

★★★★ Novice
I don't think this will get fixed fellas. I'm seeing plenty of bugs/issues being patched within a timely fashion but this one is still being neglected. At least that is the impression I'm getting.

Bummer.
Message 61 of 99 (1,217 Views)

Re: Game crashes when friend joins

★★★ Apprentice
It isn't being neglected. They just can't replicate it so it's hard to fix something they can't replicate. As stated by the EA team in this topic a few posts up. Eventually it will be fixed. Patience. Until then the division is fun
Message 62 of 99 (1,211 Views)

Re: [ Xbox One ] Game crashes when friend joins

★★★★★ Apprentice

@I have repeated game crashing... I start the challenge for Ops (Plants @ Factory) get to wave 9 10 of worse we are on the landing zone ready to leave, and FREEZE!!!! any money disappears, as do the potted plants. BUT MUCH WORSE ARE THE FRIENDS AND PLAYERS WHO GET WHO KNOWS THROWN BACK INTO THEIR YARDS? FROZEN HAVING TO RESTART CONSOLE. I am really most frustrated for you. I cannot get friends to play. I cannot get my SON to play... MORE JUCE IN THE EA SERVERS! OR FINISH THE PATCH< FIX WHATEVER PLEASE!!!:

@BPH_Wussie wrote:
Everytime my friend joins my game session it crashes my game and when I join him it fails to join. We have tried re-downloading the game and resetting modems routers. Anyone else have this or know what is causing it?

Edit: Just to add this only happens when 1 of my friends join me. Seems like all my other friends can join except the that just crashes everyone's game. I have had him go through every troubleshooting method possible so far and still no change.

Message 63 of 99 (1,208 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Does anyone know if this was solved. There's no way a bug can linger in this game for this long, can it?

@EA_Jenni
Message 64 of 99 (1,165 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have this same issue on XBox one as well. This was not always the case but was introduced for ne in the April patch. I cannot join anyones game or backyard. Everytime it causes the game to crash. I can play multiplayer fine, get in parties etc and do not have this issue in any other game. EA please advise
Message 65 of 99 (1,148 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If something was newly introduced then its best to make a new thread.  Things that help us potentially narrow down whats happening:

Platform

What exactly happens? Crash? Is there still sound? etc, anything you can tell us can help

Any specific circumstances where it does or does not occur?  This can also narrow it down.

Is everyone mentioning this issue on xbox One?  Does it happen if you switch and join their backyard instead?

Message 66 of 99 (1,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
@EA_Jenni

The problem is linked to a certain handful of people. What happens is that those certain people cause anyone to crash when hosting/joining the backyard.

So if that person A attempts to join or host Person B, then Person B will immediately crash everytime. This occurs on Xbox One and has happened during the Beta phase but was able to be resolved with quick troubleshooting. However, now nothing and I literally mean NOTHING on our end in terms of troubleshooting has fixed this issue. It has lingered and has made it unplayable with friends we wish to play with.

Also to reiterate, Person A is able to play online, on any game without issue. However, this title, restricts Person B from connecting.

We have tested this amongst ourselves in the forum to no avail, with multiple scenarios being the very same. Leading us to suspect that network issues on EA are the culprit.
Message 67 of 99 (1,130 Views)

But if its account specific then that means its something happening on that level rather than on networking.  When I have time later Ill see if anyone has found out anything for this issue

Message 68 of 99 (1,123 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
@EA_Jenni

Would be very unlikely that it is related to our network when...

A) Able to play variety of other games without issue, this includes hosting and joining.
B) Have gone through every method of troubleshooting, to the point of exhaustion, as listed above.
C) Exact issues occur with a multiple number of people vs just one instance.

I don't mean to pry, I know how tedious bugs can be. But, playing with certain friends is impossible, sort of defeats the purpose of wanting this game in the first place.

I urge you to look into it, it's a rare issue certainly, but it does exist and we aren't able to do anything, leaving it to the EA team. Still hopeful for a solution, but at this point I'm pretty irritated that it has gone unnoticed for this long.
Message 69 of 99 (1,119 Views)

Im not saying its your network at all, Im saying it sounds like there are a few very specific accounts that seem to be effected.  Thats part of the reason this is hard to track.

Message 70 of 99 (1,107 Views)