Re: Game crashes when friend joins

by JonesinJonesy33

Original Post

Re: [ Xbox One ] Game crashes when friend joins

★★★ Apprentice
Thanks for the additional troubleshooting. I know this issue has been frustrating for anyone Who is dealing with this. The only thing I don't think I've tried is a new console or even downloading it to an external drive. I forked over the money for my friend so I would have another to play with just to fall to this issue. So i feel your pain.
Message 91 of 99 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Novice
Welp, after spending a day and a half redownloading all my games and $213 on my new Xbox.

I still managed to crash 3 random people's games to no avail.

I'm content on figuring this out. Later I'm going to try hotspotting my Phones wi-fi to my Xbox since I have 25 GB of high speed data and see if I can't join a game.

If that doesn't work, I'll have a different buddy recover my account on the other side of the country and see if he crashes everyone's game through my account.

Wish me luck.

Message 92 of 99 (1,103 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Well since you have a new Xbox that eliminates the external storage idea. I think I tried the account recovery thing and I was able to get it to work. but the problem with that is that you end up playing the game on a download that didn't have that crash issue to begin with.
Message 93 of 99 (1,097 Views)

★★★ Novice
So my hillbilly work-around payed off. Which is dumb.

But I can play with my friends if I hotspot off my phone and play using the internet through my phone provider.

Now. With a full part of 3 other people, it's lagged at all get out for me and I rubberband a lot. As expected. But it's playable.

That makes me wonder if something through the game is trying to access my internet, through Xbox, when I try to connect to friends normally and my firewall blocks out this action making my friends game to seize up and crash.

Tomorrow I'll re-encrypt my firewall and watch to see if anything pops up looking like a back door attempt while I try to connect to a friend on the Xbox.
Message 94 of 99 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Well using hotspot will sure limit the quality but glad that is a step in the right direction. If I remember correctly someone mentioned port forwarding a long while back. Will see if my friend can hotspot his an see if his works as well
Message 95 of 99 (1,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey EA. Why is this not fixed yet?
Message 96 of 99 (1,066 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
So you still never figured out this issue?
Message 97 of 99 (1,066 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello im posting this to inform EA that the 2015 need for speed for xbox one is still crashing when trying to join/invite friends to play. I don't know if this has been looked into or not recently but i was wondering if things will be debugged. I know it was a discussion about a year ago and i wasn't sure if resolve was has come to the crashing would love to know if things are getting better or not.
Message 98 of 99 (913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I have this problem too. I'm on Xbox one. If my friend joins my backyard, my game freezes and closes. It makes noise depending on what I'm doing. If I'm standing and waiting it doesn't make noise from what I can hear but yesterday I was party brainz playing the flag of power and my friend joined when I punched a weed and it made a loud buzzing sound. He can join me if I'm in a multiplayer match (like gardens and graveyards) so it might somehow have something to do with the backyard. I haven't tried ops or infinity. Gw 1 worked but we were on 360. If I haven't mentioned something that might be important you can ask me but I might not know an answer for it.

This part is an edit: I just joined him the day the patch came out. He hasn't joined me but because it's actually possible I'm fine.😀

Another edit: we wanted to play infinity but he only had 2 stars so i quit and invited him to mine because i had 62 and it worked! I'm assuming it is the patch.
Message 99 of 99 (884 Views)