Re: [ Xbox One ] Game crashes when friend joins

by DaedricSpiders

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
It was apart of the patch that enabled us to play. Though the process was excruciating and involved us continuously badgering the developers and PR team. Eventually it was addressed and fixed.

However, not too long ago we experienced the same issue. Everything is identical to the issue we first experienced. Though by now I have lost my confidence and patience to attempt to contact the team for another fix that will probably last months like it first did due to its rarity.

My advice is to continue to post here, communicate with others or do what I did and tag them via twitter or Facebook. May take you multiple attempts and several days of effort but maybe they will fix the issue once more.

Wish I could help more but I could care less about this game due to the frustration it caused. Sadly it ruined the game for me to the point where I don't even bother with EA anymore. Hopefully you have more patience than me, wish you the best in solving this. If you need something, contact me via Twitter

Best of luck, friend.
Message 81 of 99 (1,104 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Sadly I've tried to remedy this for to long and have lost interest in playing as well. I had spent some money so my friend could play with me. But u fortunately this bug prevents that from happening. I've even given up on even trying to see if it is fixed because it disappoints over and over with this game breaking bug. Like that post before me said keep posting here and on Twitter and eventually they will either fix it or tell you they can't.

Good luck to the others that stuck this out.
Message 82 of 99 (1,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if i don't have twitter? I don't feel like making an account just for that. I just think its sad when developers and publishers sit there and deny or ignore problems with games when the public is sitting there and telling them whats wrong over and over again. Then they try to make us look stupid, like we don't try everything possible on our end to fix it. With a bug that in my opinion ruins the whole point of the game they sure don't act like its very important. Trust me if i even knew about this bug before I bought it honestly, i wouldn't have. Now I am going beyond my normal fix it myself type of situation because i realize that this bug isn't common enough to get enough attention to be fixed ASAP. Quite annoying if you ask me, and even worse that this bug has reoccurred how many times now. 

Message 83 of 99 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Agreed but all we can do as a community is make them aware. By offering our point of view on what we see when these bugs occur and provide the feedback in a constructive way. But it's up to them if they see it as a bug that needs to be addressed. But I see your point.
Message 84 of 99 (1,079 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Could I try Jenni? She seemed to respond before for someone else.

Message 85 of 99 (1,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone else get an error loading sound when the game freezes or does it just freeze and crash, in the middle of joining my friends backyard the game'll freeze and also give off the error loading screen sound

Message 86 of 99 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Unable to play & have been trying for over an hour. Every other game mode works but when I try to connect with my friend it keeps crashing. Have tried sending invite in game as well as from friends list. Quickly getting angry, losing patience as well as interest in this. I just want to play the damn game I paid $60 for.
Message 87 of 99 (1,033 Views)

★★★ Novice
I've spent 48 hours researching this reading every post on every site to have waisted my time and money yet again on ANOTHER unplayable EA game.

Typical...

Anyways I'm that guy, no one can connect to me or they crash using any method, and if I'm in a bad mood, I can join anyone on my friends list and crash them if they are playing this game.

I have done EVERY. SINGLE. THING!

I spent $30 for EA access and thought, oh I can't join them because I don't have the deluxe version. So I buy that for $8, THEN! I'm like, oh it's probably because I don't own the game, I'm like renting it through EA access. So I BUY the game for ANOTHER $8 for it to not work like usual.

After crashing my friends game 300 times because I'm persistent and tried every method known to mankind, I came here to read 9 pages of forum comments to realize this is something that will never be fixed that's been an issue for over a year if not two.

God bless every single man and women who contacted EA costumer help more than once and spent weeks to months trying to trouble shoot to no avail. Your the people that need to be hired at game companies.
Message 88 of 99 (956 Views)

★★★ Novice
In other news, I just spent the last 20 minutes joining random people's group lobbies to crash everyone's game. 9 people in a row. You know, I could say I'm doing this for science, but hearing people freak out as their game freezes and launches them back to the home screen is just way to funny, I have to mute myself from laughing to hard then play it off like nothing was wrong.

You did this to me, you made me a Super Villian. Mwuahahaa
Message 89 of 99 (950 Views)

★★★ Novice
So being the persistent but job I am.

I traded in my Xbox One 250 GB for a Xbox One S 1TB (ended up paying $213).

So last night I started to redownload everything and when I get home from work, I'll post if it solved anything.

On a side note, I did test out on my old Xbox by downloaded a friends account from across the country and tried to join people and I still crashed their games with his account on my Xbox.

But I didn't have him download my account to see if it worked on his Xbox across the country because he doesn't have the game.
Message 90 of 99 (920 Views)