Re: Xbox One Crashes

by SirBate

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox One Crashes

★ Novice

I am on Xbox One with 450 hours played. I have been playing since the game came out and never once experienced a crash. Starting Saturday I crash literally every game. I have played around 7 games since Saturday and have crashed every single one. I do not understand why I am just now experiencing this or why it is every single game. I travel for work so today I am in a different state on different ISP and router and I still crash. I tried changing the DNS to a couple different IPs I found and that  did nothing. I have bought multiple packs of apex coins and now the game is literally unplayable. Very disappointing and frustrating. Not sure what to do.

Message 1 of 11 (1,735 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@SirBate 

Sounds frustrating what you're going through. Have you tried reinstalling the game though? If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues.

These basic steps below can help improve performance on the Xbox One:

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,704 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@SirBate 

Sounds frustrating what you're going through. Have you tried reinstalling the game though? If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues.

These basic steps below can help improve performance on the Xbox One:

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,705 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You just provide the same resolution to every single problem????

Message 3 of 11 (1,694 Views)

Community Manager

@Batedmetal264 

Not always but it's great to start with the basic steps that fix most general technical issues. You might be surprised how many people don't search for existing posts that are related before creating a new one. Wink

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 11 (1,685 Views)

★ Novice

I mean, it worked for me

Message 5 of 11 (1,667 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11 (1,666 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It has not worked for me and I don't know if it's the servers but I'm on the loading screen and when I press continue the second I get into the lobby my Xbox crashes and this happens every single time ever since Saturday so I have no play apex for a week and I'm not sure if it's the Xbox game or the power supply but I tried literally everything, shutting off and wait 10 seconds unplugging the cable and the steps you said to do in settings but nothing is working maybe just the servers 

Message 7 of 11 (1,470 Views)

Community Manager

@xpertvcm04 

Have you tried reinstalling the game on the internal drive and do you have anything plugged into the USB slots other than a controller wire?

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 11 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry my game is unplayable right now due to lag

Recently when i open the Apex application it is forcing me to select a "data center"

upon research i have learned it is best to pick the data center which has the lowest ping and lowest packet loss %

i followed those instructions and my game is lagging to the point where it is not playable still

no matter which data center i select the game is still not playable

why must i select a data center?? arent games supposed to place you in the best/correct server automatically?

someone please explain to me

what is a data center? what is packet loss %? this is ridiculous - i have never had to go through this with any other multiplayer game

my friend who lives within 10 miles does not have to select a data center and does not have any issue with lag

while in a party with him last night my chat would work perfectly fine while in pregame lobby but once we entered a match laggy gameplay and choppy communication started

after leaving the match and returning to lobby chat returned to normal

i place all the blame in this new data center feature - i just dont understand why it is a requirement for me and not my friend or other players

my internet connection is perfectly fine - i use LAN

i can confirm no issue with internet connection because i can play any other of my online multiplayer games with no issues or lag

i resorted to deleting the app and re-downloading last night after several disappointing and frustrating hours of horrible gameplay

still having issues

i would just like some explanation and resolution to this issue so i can continue to play one of my favorite games

i dont understand why i am forced to select a data center
Message 9 of 11 (1,437 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BEEhorv Im still having this issue since season 6. Freeze at title screen, sound bug and then return to xbox one x dashboard. Im unable to play since season 6. I already tried those steps here and uninstall/install... please help
Message 10 of 11 (877 Views)