[Xbox One] Battlefield 1 Latency issues

by TTANFIELD

Original Post

[Xbox One] Battlefield 1 Latency issues

★★★ Newbie
I'm sure other people have had this problem but here goes...

It happens to me 90% of the time whereby I get bombarded with lag symbols, packet loss, AND server performance issues.

When it happens, it doesn't stop, or rarely does. I've only ever been disconnected once or twice from a game.

It happens in all game modes.

No error codes to speak of.

I even go into the server browser and pick the one with the best ping - this seemingly doesn't do anything.

It didn't do this when I first got the game, but started doing it about 2 weeks of playing it - which is strange.

The lag makes the game unplayable.

Anyone know what to do? I mean I feel like I'm entitled to a refund.

Thanks for any help
Message 1 of 8 (6,338 Views)

Re: [Xbox One] Battlefield 1 Latency issues

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @TTANFIELD 

I am really sorry for these connection troubles. Have you tried to restart your console/router? Can you try to perform this troubleshooting steps to improve connection for Star Wars Battlefront.

Keep me posted on your progress.  

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 8 (6,314 Views)

★ Novice
Battlefield one. I haven’t played in awhile. Do all of the updates. All of my ports are forwarded. And still latency varies. It’ll jump from 10 to 300. Never had issues like his before updating. Nat type is open. No packet loss. Just battle field. Add in that all hardcore servers seem gone. No hardcore conquest as an option anymore. I want my money back. Unsupported bs
Message 3 of 8 (5,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Well, in my case, I'm getting more ping than before since the 29th. I live in Chile and I expect high ping in US servers, however, I was getting like 139-150 in us east servers, now I get like 200-220 and 180-200 in the US west ones. I don't think that it's a router problem because that day I was getting a decent latency and in one hour everything changed to bad. Since that day it has been unplayable, i have reseted my router, open ports and all that stuff and still have the same ping. I hope that it may get fixed in the next patch
Message 4 of 8 (5,426 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @pablitidox you don't happen to have a PC that is connected to the same network, the idea I had if you could do a Uo-tracer and then upload the results to us. 

Link on how you do a UO-Tracer: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

/Atic 

Message 5 of 8 (5,371 Views)

★ Novice

Same issues, a different, albeit temporary fix. I quickmatch and if the server isn' t lagging, I play. Nine out of ten time the next map is unplayable so I quit and quick match again. In most cases the new connection works through one match, rarely beyond that. So I repeat quit and reconnect. This is unacceptable knowing it is not my equipment or isp, but a systemic failure. Very disappointing since it just began with the latest update. 

Message 6 of 8 (5,224 Views)

★ Novice
Mine is like this with all EA games, I mean battlefield, battlefront 2 madden, all of them and all I get is have you checked your internet connection,
Message 7 of 8 (4,504 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @R8DM4master,

Sorry to hear you're having latency issues.

I personally play on Xbox as well, and haven't really had any issues as far as lagging goes, unless I'm in an Overseas Server for Battlefield, considering I'm in NA.

The reason we ask for you to check your connection, is because there are a few things that can help you with this issue that EA has provided.

If you still having problems, you can try some of these steps:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox/

You can also make sure you have opened the suggested ports on your Router:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Sometimes yes, there are Server/Latency issues with the Game Servers, but it somewhat goes both ways.

So, please try the above links, and let us know if this situation is any better for you.

Thank you Standard smile