Xbox Hotfix - 4.02

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Xbox 'Loading Screen' Unexpected Crash

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi folks,

Just wanted to share an update on todays Hotfix. 

One thing that we were targeting was a fix to improve stability issues on Xbox, and since deploying the update today, we've discovered that this hasn't solved all targeted instances of instability as previously expected.

An issue that we are presently tracking concerns instances where the game crashes back to the Xbox Dashboard during the loading screen. We presently believe that this issue appears most prominently on Conquest and Breakthrough, and prominently on Rotterdam and Devastation.

We do not believe that the issue is exclusive to this combination of maps and modes, and we are seeing plenty of active rounds on these maps and modes (including Rotterdam and Devastation) with full servers too. However we did want to bring it to your attention as we appreciate that some will remain frustrated that they're seeing crashing behaviours. The stability issues do not appear to be affecting other, smaller modes, or either of the other platforms.

The team is performing more investigations overnight, and will continue to work on the issue through tomorrow. 

Update 9th July Hey folks - a quick note to advise you that this Thursday we will be attempting to deploy a 2nd Hotfix that's designed to target the present stability issues on Xbox. I'll be back with more detail as soon as we see it pass our Certification processes.

Thanks for your patience.

Message 1 of 23 (1,903 Views)

Re: Xbox 'Loading Screen' Unexpected Crash

★★ Novice
@PartWeIsh Thanks for the updates and all your hard workStandard smile
Message 2 of 23 (1,735 Views)

★★ Novice

Mines still crashing along with mates gotta try load up a game like 5 times. On xbox.

Message 3 of 23 (1,716 Views)

★★ Novice
@Gageeybruz Same bud, mines just crashed 4 times in a row I literally can’t play the game...
Message 4 of 23 (1,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've also had a lot of stability issues with the most recent update associated with joining games and I've found that Spotify seems to make this issue a lot more frequent. A complete re-installation of Battlefield V did do the trick and worked for about a day or so, but has since reverted to crashing upon joining a game. If any of you have fast internet but are experiencing the same problem try uninstalling both BFV and Spotify if you have the latter installed, then try re-installing BFV. It's a bit of a pain but the chapter rewards this month are too good to pass up.

Message 5 of 23 (1,648 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don’t see it happening more on one map than the other. It happens to every map and game mode for me, regardless of having a squadmate or not. 

Message 6 of 23 (1,640 Views)

★★★ Novice

you EA guys need to fix this , I have been unable to play anything on conquest.

Message 7 of 23 (1,584 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Last couple of days has been fine but now I can’t get into a game.  It freezes on the load screen.  I can hear the squad talking but will just sit there and can’t do anything.  Then kicks me back to Xbox home screen. Have tried like 7 times now. Just played two days ago without a problem.

Message 8 of 23 (1,538 Views)

Xbox Hotfix - 4.02

EA DICE Team

Hi folks,

Tomorrow we’re deploying a Hotfix for Xbox Battlefield V players. This update will not be delivered to PC and PlayStation 4 players.

• The Xbox Hotfix is intended to address the persistent stability issues that have been frequent since the start of Chapter 4. Our previous Hotfix was only partially successful in resolving mid-round stability on this platform, but also unintentionally introduced new crashing issues during the loading stage. This was occurring as players joined servers, and could also occur during round transitions to the next map.

Our next update after tomorrow's Hotfix (4.2) is currently scheduled to release in late July, and will be available on all platforms.

Freeman - Battlefield V Community Manager
Twitter: @PartWelsh

Availability 

4.02 will be deployed on Xbox One at the following times:

• 12:00 PM CEST

• 11:00 AM BST

• 6:00 AM ET

• 3:00 AM PT

Update size is tentatively expected at approximately 180 MB.

(Source

/Atic 

Message 9 of 23 (1,600 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PartWeIsh Just for EA's reference, it isn't just Rotterdam or Devastation. If desperate enough, I can join in conquest on the first or second try on Aerodrome, Arras, Hamada (I think that is Moroccan for "cancer". Yesterday, we tried 3 times to join Aerodrome, the loading screen said we were, and it suddenly skipped straight to Twisted Steel. The party chat was...let's just say...lively. Here's to hoping your team can get their collective stuff together and put out a working patch. Lord, I miss BF3--dated graphics and all, soooo much better put-together!
Message 10 of 23 (1,470 Views)