Xbox Controller Not Working At All (PC EA Play)

by DramaticReplays

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox Controller Not Working At All (PC EA Play)

★★ Novice

Downloaded the trial versions through EA play. I can't use the controller at all, it's like the game doesn't even recognize that I have one plugged in. The controller I am using is wired, and it works fine with NFS Heat. I just don't understand how this game can be released with controller support not working. Before someone suggests to do the steam method I've already tried and to no avail. I am really hoping this gets fixed FAST. 

Message 1 of 15 (6,380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox Controller Not Working At All (PC EA Play)

★★★ Newbie

Make sure all other controller devices, even if they are turned off. I had this issue and is was resolved when i unplugged my Fanatec ClubSport wheel from my PC (even though it was turned off). Hoping this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (6,341 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Make sure all other controller devices, even if they are turned off. I had this issue and is was resolved when i unplugged my Fanatec ClubSport wheel from my PC (even though it was turned off). Hoping this helps.

Message 2 of 15 (6,342 Views)

★★ Novice

I Unplugged my foot pedal and holy * that fixed it. This has to be the strangest bug I have ever experienced THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUGGESTION 

Message 3 of 15 (6,330 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for sharing! @Final_Scone, @DramaticReplays,

/Atic
Message 4 of 15 (6,208 Views)

★★ Novice

So unplugging my foot pedals sort of fixed it. Before, I could not accelerate, menus only showed keyboard inputs, left stick moved camera around car. Rest of buttons did nothing except boost on one of them.   
Unplugging the foot pedal allowed full function of the car MINUS the left stick skill controlled the camera around the car AND steered at the same time.  

Message 5 of 15 (6,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

i only have one xbox one wireless controller connectet. even if i disconnect keyboard, mouse and headset the controlls are switshed.

updating controller firmware doesnt help either.

every other game works fine with th xbox controller.

Why can i only select keys and actions for keyboard. in NFS most wanted from 2005! you could selekt your own Button layout for your controller!!!

Message 6 of 15 (5,976 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DramaticReplays Wow I've been sitting here trying to figure this out for like an hour. Read this and fixed it much appreciated.
Message 7 of 15 (5,892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Holy * that worked! I've been getting so pissed trying to figure out why my controllers wont work with EA. THANK YOU!!!

Message 8 of 15 (5,534 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DramaticReplays ur description is too blurr. tell us the model of the controller u have issue in the game. i am using, Xbox one or xbox 360 controller, both work well, on wireless or wired
Message 9 of 15 (5,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i only have my controller,keyboard and mouse connected and it's still not working

Message 10 of 15 (3,477 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help