Re: (Xb1) Main menu background crashes to black every few seconds & other is

by HeadstrongK1LLR

Original Post

(Xb1) Main menu background crashes to black every few seconds & other issues

★ Novice

I sincerely hope someone can help. I've only had BF1 on my XB1 for barely 5 months. I get the fact every game guna have its issues & i usually can find a solution but i am at a huge loss as what to do. Bf1 worked fine until one day, my game froze, i backed out, quit the application & reloaded the game & usually it works fine. Now all the sudden while in the main menu, every few seconds the background goes black, i try to go to Operations under multiplayer & it will immediately crash sending me back to the main menu. Even when i click on options it crashes me back to the main menu. I've unistalled/reinstall BF1, deleted saved profile info in the game itself, deleted my Xbox live profile & re-downloaded it, I've power cycled my Xbox. I also signed in w/my daughters Xbox live & presto everything worked perfect so u would think me deleting & downloading my xblive profile would've been the answer but NO. Ironically tho i can pick "favorite" in the main menu which happens to be for Conquest & usually it will put me into a match so its not like I'm not connected to EA tho when i try to choose "contact us" (contact EA) in the game it will say i lost connectionto EA. Sometimesit will load me in a game but crashes saying i lost connection but i have on average 467 mbps internet! I've been told i need to factory reset my xb1 but somebody would need to explain to me why I'd need to do that when bf1 works fine if I'm signed in w/my daughters xblive account but not mine all on the same console b4 i decide it's what's needed. So PLEASE i sincerely hope someone can help me out here cz i spent 12 hrs straight (i knw, it's sad, lol) on the phone w/ea & text-chat w/Xbox support & got absolutely nowhere!

Message 1 of 10 (1,891 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @headstrongjy,

Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Have you tried clearing your MAC Address, and doing a hard reset on your Console?

Go to settings, Network, Advanced Settings, Alternate MAC Address, then Clear.

After that, fully turn off your console for about 30 seconds or so, and plug it back in.

You can also try these steps:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox/

Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Novice
Thanks for responding so quick but yes, I have tried clearing my MAC address. I did it I believe why on the phone w/ea but I don’t remember if I had done shut down Xbox, unplug for 30 secs & all but I may have. I will try again but how does doing a hard reset (which is factory reset right?) matter towards my problem if I can sign into my Xbox w/my daughters account $ bf works completely normal? I have yet for somebody to explain that to me so I can better understand why I’d need to do that. I appreciate your input
Message 3 of 10 (1,874 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @HeadstrongK1LLR

When you clear your MAC Address and do a hard reset on your console, it basically clears the Cache for all your games to make sure they continue running smoothly.

Another thing you can try is this:

"Highlight BF1 & hit start -> Manage Game -> Saved Data -> Then clear "Reserved Space"

Restart game & issue should be resolved.

Only noticeable change is user agreement will have to be re-accepted & some tutorials for game modes will pop up."

Source: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/BF1-Xbox-One-Black-Screen-after-Update/td-p/6089080

The thread is a couple years old, but it may still work in this case.

★★★ Novice
Ok so when u say “clear MAC address & do a hard reset”, by hard reset are u talking about I shut Xbox down, unplug 30 secs & plug it back in? I just want to be sure. Or do u mean clear MAC address & then factory reset my Xbox? Otherwise I already have tried clear reserved space. I even cleared both the reserved space & my profile info that was above that at the same time & restarted game
Message 5 of 10 (1,860 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@HeadstrongK1LLR

By Hard Reset, I mean unplug the console, or fully turn it off for 30 seconds or so, not Factory Reset.

I don't believe a factory reset would be required for this.

★★★ Novice
Yes I don’t believe a factory reset is needed either. I tried clearing reserved space & restarting game & I’ve done this already but still tried again. I just get “connecting” constantly appealing & I already know that I’ll back out, reload fame & it will load like normal but then everything else still doing as I originally stated. Am going to try clear MAC & hard reset now
Message 7 of 10 (1,845 Views)

★★★ Novice
So I did the clear MAC & hard reset still didn’t work. Also when u do clear the MAC the xb1 automatically forces u to restart ur Xbox so I went ahead w/that & still hard reset my Xbox immediately after
Message 8 of 10 (1,838 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Ok so just as an update cuz this is a new development, whenever I clear reserved space, load game & accept terms & all it’ll tell me I need to update user interface & I do, then it continues into main menu but I get the constant “connecting” deal. So this time instead of backing out n reloading game I was actually able to play campaign. But when I back out to reload after getting the constant connecting deal, when I pick campaign it will go into the different campaign maps but within seconds always kicks me back to the main menu. I’m mentioning all this Incase it helps towards a fix finally
Message 9 of 10 (1,831 Views)

EA DICE Team

A quick question, did you clear the cloud saves for Battlefield 1 also when you clear the local saves? @HeadstrongK1LLR 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 10 (1,794 Views)