Re: [XSX] Flashes of light cover the screen during every game and on main menu

by Austin38579

Original Post

[XSX] Flashes of light cover the screen during every game and on main menu

★★ Novice

Platform: Xbox Series X

Region: North America

Problem:

A flash of light takes over the entire screen and I cannot see the game. Sometimes the flash is white, sometimes its purple and green, and sometimes it has a lot of dots floating in it (like its snowing). Eventually the entire screen is covered. When it occurs on the main menu, it does not affect the headings and menus. When it occurs in a game, it does not appear to affect some of the HUD elements. It happens every time I am on the main menu (some times it takes a minute to appear) and it happens in every game (AOW and portal games). I also play BFV and have no issues with that game. This has been happening for a few months (even after some of the recent updates, including after the new update that brought back the class system). 

Steps Taken:

When the flash appears on the main menu, I can make it disappear by going into one of the other menus (like the weapon collection menu). When the flash starts appearing in a game, if I keep turning away from it, it stops spreading on the screen. This obviously makes the game extremely difficult to play because I have to keep spinning in circles every few seconds to avoid the light or else it starts covering the screen until I can no longer see anything in the game. The other option is to pause the game and pull up one of the menus (like the collection menu with the all weapons) and this stops the light.

I have tried reinstalling the game, changing some of the video settings in the game menu, and changing some of the video settings in the Xbox settings menu. Is there something I am doing wrong or a setting I need to adjust on my TV/Xbox/Game? Or is the glitch from the game itself?

I could only attach 3 images, so I tried to include one from the main menu, one from the game spawn screen, and one from in-game.

Message 1 of 8 (538 Views)

★★ Novice

Here are two video examples from two games I tried playing yesterday.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play/media/RTR3S5LJSR 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play/media/ZSS3TC3L63 

Message 2 of 8 (494 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Austin38579  Could you try to power cycle the console and see if that helps. 

How to power cycle: 

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Important Make sure that you wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
  4. Plug the console power cable back in.
  5. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Thanks!

/Atic 

Message 3 of 8 (457 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic 

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately the power cycle did not resolve the issue. Are there any other potential solutions I should try?

Thanks

Message 4 of 8 (448 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic 

Here are a couple more examples if its helpful. One is from the spawn screen and one is from while playing. The issue doesn't seem to affect any of the icons on the spawn screen or HUD elements in the game.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play/media/5NLRXZTCV8

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play/media/668JE6SYV3

Message 5 of 8 (403 Views)

EA DICE Team
First thought its overheating, is the Xbox in a closed space or does it have air around it and how is the dust build up looking? @Austin38579

/Atic
Message 6 of 8 (354 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic 

The Xbox is about 1ft away from the wall an not against anything else so I dont think a closed space is the issue. There is no visible dust on the top of the Xbox and none on the fan. The Xbox doesnt sound louder than normal or anything. I tried reinstalling the game again and that was unsuccessful. I guess I could install the Xbox One version and try that instead of the Xbox Series X version (I dont know if that would even work though). Please let me know if there is anything else I should try or any other information that might be helpful for you and the team.

Thanks for continuing to follow up with me. I appreciate it.

Message 7 of 8 (320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

that's the f***** worst answer ever. DICE knows this is a problem on PC as well. the worst part is they have actually released the game with these problems on console. and it's been out FOR 2 YEARS

Message 8 of 8 (238 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help