XBox Series X Storymode Crashes

by D4YDR34M3R

Original Post

Re: XBox Series X Storymode Crashes

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same Problem. It's a Game Problem, no Series X Problem.

Pls Fix it....

Message 11 of 34 (1,002 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I personally don’t have any peripherals connected to my Series X.  Using an XBox Elite 2 controller wireless.

Message 12 of 34 (978 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@iluminatethesky @EA_Barry , I’ve tried multiple Alternate MAC Address clears and shutdowns.  The latest shutdown of my Series X occurred after 3 hours of continuous play.  I’ll only do one hard reset because it took me over a year to find my Series X at MSRP.

I need more time testing on Tuesday (1 March); I disabled the Cross-play and the other drop-in features to see if this may be the issue.  Cross-play caused shutdowns on my XBox One X when playing the demo/beta of Outriders.

Like others have stated, GRID Legends is installed on the internal SSD and no downloads were running at the time of the console shutdown.  No external peripherals are attached/connected.

PS - unselecting Dolby Vision Gaming only slightly improved the Live Action cutscenes during the Storymode.  Storymode cutscenes still appear like Standard Definition video on my 4K LCD.

Message 13 of 34 (975 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem with this game on the series x too! I'm using a Logitech G920 steering wheel and had to disconnect the gear shifter which is a knowing cause it was recommended by codemasters and i know it ain't the steering wheel as it works perfectly on other racing games on the series x and pc!!

Hopefully a fix soon or I'm going to have to take the game back can't play an unplayable game!! Mine crashed 3 times in Career Mode after playing for an hour or more very frustrating!!

Message 14 of 34 (970 Views)

Often crashs at XSX

★★★ Newbie

The game crashes every day....first day in 3 hours 7 or 8 times full Crash with Reboot the xbox series x.

After redownload and reinstall on internal storage not on Expansion card its better but yesterday same Problem. I,am using stearingwheel g920 logitech if this is Importen.

Next Problem, the sound of the car is so quitly, is this normal....tryed all Settings....using Soundsystem but never had such a Problem at any game or anything else

What can in do...?

Message 15 of 34 (959 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@iluminatethesky , Even with the Cross-play disabled, the Series X had a hard lockup and shutdown after almost 2 hours of continuous Career mode play.  In a new twist, my Vizio V series tv locked up and I had to disconnect power to it.

I’ve double checked every setting in the game, console, and tv.  Nothing seems out of place.  None of the YouTubers I watch seem to have any issues, so I don’t know.

Message 16 of 34 (915 Views)

★★★ Novice

are you guys working on a fix for this problem?? it seems like everyone has tried your recommendations but they didn't work and you haven't replied with what's happening if you are or not??

Message 17 of 34 (862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately no, I just have another hard crash today.

Have to uninstall the game T_T

Message 18 of 34 (845 Views)

★ Guide

The game is not only crashing on storymode it also crashes during career and online multiplayer. So basicly, in any mode. Never had this happen to me in any other gane and my xbox series X is like 5 months old. 

Message 19 of 34 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The game crashes regularly on my xbox series x with Logitech G923 steering wheel.

Any update on this topic ? 

Message 20 of 34 (643 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help