Re: XBOX ONE S FPS DROP APEX LEGENDS

by SpyrosFPS

Original Post

XBOX ONE S FPS DROP APEX LEGENDS

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

XBOX ONE S FPS DROP 

I have issues with apex legends xbox one s ı usually play on 50 fps can you fix with an uptade. who has this problem too .

Message 1 of 12 (7,521 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Caledra_1

Does it seem like the FPS drops are happening at a certain spot in-game, or is it just totally random? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 12 (7,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_KentI tested it. It is happening when i look at the floor it happens too in random places.

Message 3 of 12 (7,469 Views)

Community Manager

@Caledra_1 

Got it, thanks!

I'm a bit concerned that your Xbox might be getting too hot. Issues like this can happen if the hardware gets hot enough that it starts throttling itself to prevent damage. Can you check and make sure the vents on your Xbox aren't too dusty? If it's not getting enough airflow that could be leading to overheating. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 12 (7,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kentmy xbox one s is new it is only 1 month . I was having issues on my old xbox too that is the why i wanted new xbox to Microsoft. Game is like 900 p on xbox one s . Could the optimizaion be bad ? It is happening on all maps but it is usually happens on Kings Canyon. We was cleaned my old xbox too and we cleaned new one too

Message 5 of 12 (7,427 Views)

Community Manager

@Caledra_1 

Got it, thanks! Some FPS drops aren't out of the ordinary on console, but if it's extreme there might be something else going on. I'm curious if we might actually be looking at a connection issue. Sometimes packet loss or latency can cause the game to hitch up a bit, which can look like FPS drops. 

Can we try out some connectivity troubleshooting to see if that helps? A good place to start off would be with the basic connection troubleshooting steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having any trouble after that check out the Xbox-specific steps as well. 

Let me know if you're still having any trouble after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 12 (7,378 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent No i still have fps drops and they really seems like a fps drop not connection issue. And i searched on the net and i found some messages on the microsoft forum. Somebody was having fps drop on some games and a person told '' I dont have problems with other games but ı can get fps drop sometimes in Apex Legends'' and more like this ı dont know what to do now.
Message 7 of 12 (7,352 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Caledra_1
Xbox One S is weak and blurry. You have to upgrade.
You need Xbox Series S , Xbox Series X.
or
Xbox One X + Monitor with Freesync (i use Extended option)
With Freesync and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) enabled on Xbox the game feels smoother and i don't notice it much when the game drops frames.
I think it's around 45-60fps even on Xbox One X but it's definitely more powerful in order to maintain high fps and better resolution.
Message 8 of 12 (7,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Caledra_1 i have the same issue but i figured out if i lower my fov to like 80 its smooth and lower than that its constant and bit above 60
Message 9 of 12 (3,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s unplayable for me!!!

Message 10 of 12 (2,327 Views)