Re: XBOX ONE Extreme stuttering, freezing, rubber banding, DESPITE Good Connecti

by McChodeGuy

Original Post

Re: XBOX ONE Extreme stuttering, freezing, rubber banding, DESPITE Good Connecti

★ Guide

Yup 

ZomboMeme 14032021180254.jpg

Message 61 of 85 (614 Views)

★★★ Novice

No support for this. Every possible step has been performed and extensive research....yet no answer to the latency issues for me. All server side issues.

I have Gigabit service. 968 Download and 48 Upload. I dont have issues with others games but Apex. Past few weeks has been unplayable for me. I can probably get 1 hour in the game with this crap latencies. Rubber banding is definitely annoying as hell.

Message 62 of 85 (604 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same issue has been happening to me since i used my base xb1 up to where I have had my series x for several months now. The stuttering is almost unplayable as it happens every 15ish seconds. I wanted to get back into apex but i guess not...
Message 63 of 85 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Amazed that there has been no replies from EA, not even the automated one.

Message 64 of 85 (566 Views)

★★★ Novice
Nothing still?
Message 65 of 85 (527 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ErectRainbow I was able to remedy the situation mostly by purchasing an external SSD card and running Apex through that for my Xbox One. I still get terrible ping (due to hamster servers and you can't convince me otherwise lol. everyone knows this by now.) but the consistent prediction error every 15-20 seconds is gone. This further affirms my theory that this game was never meant to be played on the Xbox One. It would be nice to get a version of this game that is actually designed for the original xbox one. Not everyone can afford to buy the new system or let alone an SSD. An update of this would be nice from the ea reps but clearly they are too small of a company to afford the require resources to help their customers.

Message 66 of 85 (465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Glad to see I am not going crazy here. This issue has gotten significantly worse since Season 9. Also had slight glimpses here and there but now this is every 10-20 seconds and costs me to lose a lot of fights, ultimately making the game unplayable. 

Seems like the post before me cracked the code, but I honestly never had this much of an issue until this newest season. Hate to pack it up with ~50 days played but this is a joke. 

Message 67 of 85 (429 Views)

★★★ Novice

I play on my series x, I've just accepted that this game is sometimes unplayable unfortunately.

Message 68 of 85 (403 Views)

★★ Novice

i'm so glad i found this thread, i've been experiencing light stuttering but it's like everyone else in my server is lagging. it's not rubber banding, everything just freezes for a few seconds and i know it's not my connection because none of my other games run like that, it's quite literally just apex. it could be my console, it is rather old but it's well taken care of, and this issue didn't start until this season (season 9). for frame of reference, i've been playing since launch but i fell out of it for a bit, and cane back late season 8. i wasn't having these issues in season 8, or even pre-season 1. my textures lag as well, occasionally seeing the polygonal version of the legends in the selection screen or the loot crates will be super pixelated for a few moments. that isn't such a big deal, but the in game stuttering is a bigger deal. it's not my connection, i watch my ping and fps during games and it does not fluctuate save for the normal changes. i've been chocking it up to my console just being old and out of date, it's an xbox one i purchased in early 2018, so, needless to say, it's getting up there in age. like i said though, it's well taken care of and i don't overuse it. it could be a ventilation issue, or a console issue, but i really don't think so, as none of my other games run like that. it's really weird, for me it just started this season but i wasn't really around from like season 2 to season 8. :/ i really like this game, it's such a shame it has devs that don't want to fix it. devs may not be the right term, but EA sure as hell doesn't want to do anything

Message 69 of 85 (353 Views)

★ Guide
@koifishkip Simply put. The game was not designed to become what it has become. The servers they originally leased were not good enough to be able to transmit the amounts of data that need to be transmitted and that's why we have the texture issues and probably the whole stuttering and fps drop issue. It is unplayable and unacceptable. And EA won't do anything to fix it because the community is still focused on buying 100s of Apex packs to get an heirloom. They know no one cares about their dogwater game. They only care about showing off heirlooms and skins. If anything is to change this has to change. If people stopped buying things there'd be changes. Fast.
Message 70 of 85 (341 Views)