Re: Why wait in Lobby?

by Batedmetal264

Original Post

XBOX Matchmaking taking too long

★★★★★ Newbie

Team, i sometimes need to wait for more than 20 min just get in. Matchmaking is severely broken. It shows 30 people in and all of a sudden it resets to 01 and starts-over. This happens multiples times for a single gameplay session. This is disappointing and i give up.

This is probably the best Battle royal, EA plz focus on this game and fix it. Dont lose players.......

Message 1 of 22 (6,011 Views)

Why wait in Lobby?

★★★★★ Newbie

Team, today if we lose a game we get an option to either watch the game or go back to lobby to start a new game. Instead give options get ready for the new game within the old one we were in? This way i can still watch the match and dont get bored waiting in the lobby. Right now matchmaking is broken and the wait time sucks. EA this is the best game, plz listen to all the feedback and make this game better. 

Message 2 of 22 (6,013 Views)

Community Manager

@Batedmetal264 

How long is it taking you to find a game and what region are you from? Do you know the data center you're connecting to?

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 22 (6,003 Views)

Community Manager

@Batedmetal264 

I just noticed your other post I responded to and merged them together. Can you let me know if these steps below help speed up matchmaking for you?

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Reboot the Network

1. Unplug the modem/router power for about 5 minutes to refresh the network. A fresh connection can help clear up most basic connectivity issues.
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 22 (5,998 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Its taking more than 10 min to load up and i'm still in the queue. This is intermittent. Sometimes it taken less than 3 min.
I'm online Now, it keeps resetting the numbers. i had 40 players in the queue and all of a sudden reset to 23 and i'm still waiting. I'm connecting from India, not sure which data center its connecting to? IS that even possible to change on XBOX?
Message 5 of 22 (5,992 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the reply, let me try this right now and let you know

Message 6 of 22 (5,991 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

HI, This solution did not work. I waited again for more than 10 min before i gave up. Not sure its the server or we didn't have enough players. Plz provide a new solution. THX

Message 7 of 22 (5,984 Views)

Community Manager

When you launch the game let the menu go idle until the option to check the data center appears. Are you on a WiFi network? We have some recommended steps in the link below that helps out most players experiencing connection trouble.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 22 (5,970 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried this still not working. Unable to get a game for more than 10 min. Sometime I have to wait for 20 min. Happening everyday. cleared cache, network data, restarted xbox. Still nothing. Everyday I'm facing this issue.

Message 9 of 22 (5,940 Views)

Stuck at Matchmaking Screen, Unable to play (Xbox)

★★★★★ Newbie

Team, i sometimes need to wait for more than 20 min just get in. Matchmaking is severely broken. It shows 30 people in and all of a sudden it resets to 01 and starts-over. This happens multiples times for a single gameplay session. Its happening right now especially after 23:00 (IST), I can never get into a single game. Just shows 18 players in queue and goes to 30 and comes back to 4. 

This is disappointing and I'm about to give up.

Message 10 of 22 (5,946 Views)