Re: [XBOX] Game wont launch

by Roarkster42

Original Post

[XBOX] Game wont launch

★★★ Newbie

I bought Battlefield 1 and played it for awhile, then bought the Premium Pass and since then the game will shut me out as soon as I press launch on the main screen. I have contacted EA support three times and each time they told me just to shut it off and restart the console. They even told me it was an issue with my xbox, so I bought a new xbox, and it still does the same thing. I thought it could be an instillation corruption from the digital download, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it multiple times, and even bought the disk copy in order to play. It still won't work. Is there any way to get this issue to stop happening? All that happens is I press launch and the screen opens up, the load symbol in the upper right corner starts spinning, then stops and sends me back to the xbox home. It is only this game that it happens with, no other game.Does anyone know why?

Message 1 of 6 (600 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Roarkster42,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Have you tried any of the Troubleshooting steps below?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox/

Also, have you tried deleting the Save Data for Battlefield 1?

However, doing this will affect your Single Player saves, but not Multiplayer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Newbie

Yes I have done all the trouble shooting steps and deleted all my saved data for the game. When I do that, the game (after being redownloaded) starts to resync my data then freezes when it does and starts the issue again. It is almost like somehow my data was corrupted from within the server and I have been locked out of playing it. 

Message 3 of 6 (560 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Roarkster42 Did you clear your cloud saves for Battlefield 1? 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 6 (530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That’s what I just ended up doing and now it finally plays but I had to delete all my progress and lost all my weapons 

Message 5 of 6 (509 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Roarkster42 clearing cloud saves don't remove your multiplayer progression. What are you missing? 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 6 (466 Views)