Original Post

Highlighted

PS4 Cross hair movement by itself.

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? KongLovesYou
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Any
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. any part of the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. testing controller settings
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 4/11/2019
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? On PS4 there is a slight movement of the cross hair going up or to the side.
What should be happening instead? Shouldn't be moving by itself.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It is more apparent if you have the response curve to linear but happens with any response curve at a different degree. My settings are: Ultra High sensitivity, Super High sensitivity ADS, Look Deadzone None.

I tried it on a new controller as well. It is not the controllers fault.

Message 31 of 42 (2,289 Views)

Advanced look controls, deadzone is off.

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I have been playing Apex Legends a lot and when it became available for us to use advanced look controls I started to mess about with them, quite unsuccessfully at the start. Now after quite some time of tweaking them I believe I have what is the best controls settings for me. There is, however, a problem. The deadzone on my right analog stick leans slightly to the right, this means I cannot hit my outer threshold value when going to the right, but can easily on the left. I have switched back to in game settings and the threshold seems to work perfectly on both sides. Another friend who use his own ALC settings has noticed the same in his deadzone. My controller is also only a week old and is a v2 model. Can you explain why this is and how to fix it?

Thank you. 

Message 32 of 42 (2,235 Views)

Re: Left stick Deadzone

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am talking about my right stick not the left in advanced look controls. Tried uploading a pic but it won't allow it. My deadzone circle if I increase it is fine on the left but smaller on the right meaning when I want my extra yaw value to kick in, it works on the left, but not the right. Play on Ps4 

Message 33 of 42 (2,192 Views)

Re: Left stick Deadzone

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Xbox One: The deadzone in ALC (Advanced Look Controls) is off centre. In the image of the Squared Circle if you set the Outer Threshold to it's minimum value (all the way left) you see the the Circle inside the Square is slightly outside on the bottom & the right side, the top & the left side are perfectly inline with the square. This is the same for the Deadzone. This needs to be adjusted immediately because I 'feel' it as i turn. The Extra Yaw kicks in much sooner when tilting the RIGHT STICK to the left than when tilting to the right. Tilting the RIGHT STICK to the right I feel more range of motion, especially when adjusting the Response Curve to suit my aim. For now the only way i can smooth this out is by setting the Outer Threshold to the recommended level (one click in from the extreme left).
In my opinion the Outer Threshold should be 'painted' on by the player which will give the ALC better alignment with that individual controller, which shouldn't be too much of an issue for Respawn to implement. The fact that Respawn took the time to create these Advanced Look Controls for controller play in Titan Fall is commendable in terms of skill based gun play and recoil control. The ALC are vital to any fast paced online shooter. Just a little refinement needed.

Also for those on PS4 look into Nacon: Revolution Pro Unlimited controller for PS4 & PC. That thing is a work of art with very similar Advanced Look Control software to tailor your style to the actual controller. It's a thing of beauty. 

Anyway, I hope Respawn get on this soon cos it's killing my game. BIG UP Respawn Entertainment and Apex Legends. Love this game (hate the poor server connectivity)!

Message 34 of 42 (2,116 Views)

Re: XBOX Controller Stick Drifting

★★★★★ Newbie
@victimssun I have A regular xbox on controller and this happens to me as well with my character drifting to the left when I’m not touching the left analog stick both in lobby and in game, very annoying, especially when trying to stay behind cover
Message 35 of 42 (1,822 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@JoelitoDiazX11 Settings>Controller>Movement Deadzone Large to fix Left stick drift

Look Deadzone Small or Large to fix right stick drift
I play small no drift but i had drift in Rainbow Six and i had to increase the deadzone.
Message 36 of 42 (1,797 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SpyrosFPS Yea i did That, still no luck
Message 37 of 42 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's back and out of control!!

Message 38 of 42 (1,633 Views)

Re: Left Analog Drift NEED FIX ASAP!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Tried all of the above I have a brand new Xbox elite series 2 which Microsoft are promoting along side apex and I still have stick drift on linear and look dead zone none and small this is happening on other settings as well not just linear I replaced the original elite because I thought it was faulty and I’m still getting the same on the series 2 and this only happens on apex. Shouldn’t really be happen especially with a brand new controller.

Message 39 of 42 (1,433 Views)

Re: Left Analog Drift NEED FIX ASAP!!

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here only a 2 month old xbox one x controller only does this with apek

Message 40 of 42 (1,257 Views)