[XB1] Apex freezes when I press A to continue on the title screen

by UnbannableBanana

Original Post

[XB1] Apex freezes when I press A to continue on the title screen

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When I start the game up, I’m met with a title screen and it says “press A to continue” but as soon as I do the game freezes. I’ve tried reinstalling three times now, I’ve tried waiting a few hours to see if it might load after a while, I’ve even tried hard resetting my Xbox. Nothing works. It wasn’t doing this until yesterday. 

If you have any ideas on how to fix this, please let me know.

Message 1 of 10 (1,599 Views)

Re: [XB1] Apex freezes when I press A to continue on the title screen

Community Manager

@UnbannableBanana 

If you have the game installed on an external hard drive, make sure there aren't files on both the internal and external drive. That can cause some weird performance issues.

Do you have anything plugged into the USB slot other than a controller wire?

If you haven't performed a power cycle lately too, that is recommended whenever you have games crashing to the dashboard or freezing the console.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,574 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi. I already did the power cycle and clear mac address. Still freezes and go back to dashboard on season 6 and 7. How should i proceed

Thanks.

Message 3 of 10 (1,430 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Shakkan69 I also reinstalled and changed the install location from external hd to internal and vice versa. I have an Xbox one X.
Message 4 of 10 (1,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyone found a fix for this yet? I am having the same problem.

Message 5 of 10 (1,383 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still waiting and unable to play... help?

Message 6 of 10 (1,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@UnbannableBanana im having the same problem and i cant play
Message 7 of 10 (1,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I reset my whole Xbox Series S and it let me load in once, but as soon as I closed than reopened Apex it suddenly started having the issue again.

Message 8 of 10 (697 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently got an Xbox Series S and I reinstalled Apex, I get to the “continue” screen and I can’t click anything, it’s like it’s frozen? I have fast internet, everything is up to date. I’ve done everything, cleared everything and it still won’t work. I tried wiring my Xbox to my router, hard reset my Xbox, reset my router.  All of my other games work and my online party chats work fine. It’s just Apex. I tried contacting EA and I got nothing. 

help please.

Message 9 of 10 (459 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @hailwills,

It's been a while since you were last active on this thread so I'll lock it here to limit necroposting as well as mixing the older content with the new. If you're experiencing an issue please feel free to start a new thread if you're unable to find a more recent topic on the subject, and add some more information about your case such as what happened and what steps you've already tried.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 10 (439 Views)