Wrong monitor

by MixtaMike

Original Post

Re: Wrong monitor

★ Apprentice

None of the proposed workarounds have worked for me. Changing the file settings only causes the game to swap back and forth between monitors before finally settling on my second monitor. Disabling the monitor in nvidia control panel throws a directx error. Etc.

Going to have to hope it works tomorrow or this might be a pretty large blocker for a lot of people.

Message 11 of 26 (2,283 Views)

★★★ Novice
This worked for me too, after my screens wigged out for 20 seconds.
Message 12 of 26 (2,277 Views)

★ Novice
only thing that has worked for me is making my secondary monitor primary and when I load the game it goes to my secondary still, but its my original primary monitor.
Message 13 of 26 (2,255 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Not sure if this will work for you, but from the sounds of things it may?  Switching monitors will only work for those who have at least one monitor that does not support HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color options.  Or at least one monitor with that feature disabled.  Switching between two monitors that support that feature and have it turned on will just move the problem between them.

What resolved this for me was disabling the feature within my display settings on the display itself.  Not Windows, not my computer, but the HDMI port itself on the monitor.  In my case the feature wasn't even listed under the Display section, but rather under the General section.  And at the bottom of the list at that.  Once disabled my display rebooted and the Anthem demo loads fine now without blacking my screen out.

Hope this helps! 

Message 14 of 26 (2,235 Views)

★ Novice

He Warjah. Had the exact same problem. Went to documents/bioware/anthemdemo/settings and manually changed the resolution in ProfileOptions_profile from 1920/1080 to 3440/1440 (for my ultrawide. That seemed to fix it for me. Good luck

Message 15 of 26 (2,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked for me thanks!

Message 16 of 26 (2,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is what I did.  In the game, at the start screen, where  you have to press enter, in the lower right, click on settings.

In Settings, you must click on each tab

Video

Display Settings

Click the arrow under Full Screen Monitor to switch to the other monitor

Apply changes.

Once that was done, I haven't had any problems after exiting out.

Message 17 of 26 (1,979 Views)

★ Novice

@x_WarJah_x 

Confirmed: Anthem Doesn't work on my 1440p monitor. I am EXTREMELY angry!

Message 18 of 26 (1,878 Views)

★ Novice
Ickarius’s post worked for me
Message 19 of 26 (1,858 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

SPECS: 5GHz 8700K, ASUS ROG STRix GTX 1080ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz, LG UH8500V 4K DV+HDR10 TV 80hz

This trick worked for me:

Go into NVIDIA Control Panel, Change resolution to 3840x 2160 60hz, Use NVIDIA Colour Settings and change from RGB to 422 or 420 12bpc with dynamic range set to Full.

Then whilst still in NVIDIA settings, adjust all colour options in every sub menu from auto to Nvidia settings and change screen 1/2 from auto recognise to desktop apps.

Message 20 of 26 (1,795 Views)