Wrong monitor

by MixtaMike

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wrong monitor

★★★★ Novice

I know demo isnt live yet , but you can launch it and get to a basic screen.

However the game opens up on my secondary monitor, im sure i can change it once demo is live and i have access to settings.

But how come it is doing this? My main monitor is set to primary  Zipped lips

Message 1 of 26 (26,821 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wrong monitor

★★ Novice
Hey.

Got the exact same issue.

I tried setting the .exe to "Run as admin". After doing that, the game launched on my main monitor in windowed mode...

It's quite weird.

Workaround : Hit Windows key + shift + arrow key to set windowed mode -> move it to your main monitor -> alt+enter to set full screen mode (It doesn't save though. Got to do it after each restart)

View in thread

Message 2 of 26 (26,771 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Hey.

Got the exact same issue.

I tried setting the .exe to "Run as admin". After doing that, the game launched on my main monitor in windowed mode...

It's quite weird.

Workaround : Hit Windows key + shift + arrow key to set windowed mode -> move it to your main monitor -> alt+enter to set full screen mode (It doesn't save though. Got to do it after each restart)
Message 2 of 26 (26,772 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue. Tried changing \Documents\BioWare\AnthemDemo\settings\ProfileOptions_profile from:

GstRender.FullscreenScreen 1

to:

GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0

and

GstRender.FullscreenScreen 2

No luck.

Message 3 of 26 (26,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try changing this option.

GstRender.FullscreenDisplayIndex 1

to 

GstRender.FullscreenDisplayIndex 0

Message 4 of 26 (26,631 Views)

★★ Novice

Bingo.  That worked.  I did:

GstRender.FullscreenDisplayIndex 0

and

GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0

Now it launches on the correct monitor.

Message 5 of 26 (26,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have same problem. My main monitor is a 27" 1440p 144hz and second is 27" 1080p 60hz (running on i7-7700 / GTX 1070 8GB / 16GB RAM) and when i launch the game it seems to start in my main monitor but jumps to my second almost immediately. Then i plugged off my second monitor off restarted my Windows 10 and try it again and now it gives me this error message: 

Next step was to turn down the refresh rate 60hz on my main. Same thing and same error. If this is the case that you cant play this game in 1440p monitor there will a lot of angry people out there. I'm lucky to have 2 monitors and second one is 1080p 60hz (for editing reasons) so i can at least play this in 1080p mode. Many people don't have this option. This will not be a good start for this game launch if this is the case. 

Have not try to do these fixes/tweaks you guys have suggested on this thread, but it's quite strange that it gives me this error message even though i have plugged of my second monitor?

Message 6 of 26 (26,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had the exact same problem as you the fix for me at least was to follow the advice in the post by ordru then to set the refresh rate and resolution manually in the file. 

Addendum : it would appear that the GstRender.FullscreenDisplayIndex 0 and GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0 edit needs to be done every time the game launches with the file not open in notepad.

It also appears that msi mystic light was the source of some of the issue for some reason as it crashes when the game launches half the time.

Actually scratch most of that, game launches fine now without the GstRender.FullscreenDisplayIndex 0 and GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0 edit  after removal of mystic light so i dont know exact cause.

So my advice would be follow the post by ordru, set refresh and resolution manually, uninstall anything like mystic light and offer up your prayers to the machine god. 

Message 7 of 26 (26,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Don't you guys see this as a huge problem regarding demo that should be a promo people to buy this game? I mean this isn't beta, it's a demo! This game shouldn't be in game breaking state like this IMO. This is first time i have any problems like this and i have been in alpha and beta tester numerous times. WTF? I there going to be gamers who can't play this game this weekend as they have only one monitor and game gives them that error. There's gonna be a sh*t storm in social media and we all know how big of a deal this is for EA and Bioware to make this promotional demo phase fluid AF.

Message 8 of 26 (26,520 Views)

★ Novice

So I was having the same problem. This is what worked for me.  I went to the Nvidia control panel turned off the second monitor and launched the game. Then quit out and then Nvidia control panel and enabled the second monitor.   Then launched the game and still running on my main monitor. 

Message 9 of 26 (26,449 Views)

★★ Novice

@speakking wrote:

So I was having the same problem. This is what worked for me.  I went to the Nvidia control panel turned off the second monitor and launched the game. Then quit out and then Nvidia control panel and enabled the second monitor.   Then launched the game and still running on my main monitor. 

Thanks for all the feedback folks, speakking's solution worked for me.

Message 10 of 26 (26,440 Views)