Wrong account-transfer from Iphone to Ipad

by zighun

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wrong account-transfer from Iphone to Ipad

★★★ Novice

I just purchased a new Ipad and wanted to transfer my SWGOH account to it from my Iphone.

But instead of synchronizing my original account to it, Game Center (or whatever it was) transfered the “new” level 1 account from the Ipad to my phone.

Now I cannot access my “old” account that has been with me for years.
I don’t know what happened and customer service didn’t help at all.

My original Ally code is: 689-613-864

Help me please... Frown

thanks

Message 1 of 14 (703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wrong account-transfer from Iphone to Ipad

Hero (Retired)

Hey @zighun,

sorry to hear that.

Due to the current situation (Coronavirus) EA has made some changes to support.

Currently there is no way to make a phone call with EA as the lines are closed, so the only way to get Customer Support is via chat.

Please go to help.ea.com

Now go through the process until you can select you type of issue.

Select "lost progress".

After you‘ve filled the form there should be an option to speak with a chat advisor.

It may be that you have to wait a bit longer as usual because that’s currently the only live support option available.

If that doesn’t work, you can also contact the EA Twitter Support Team here:  

https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully we can soon return to normality.

Regards.

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (688 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @zighun,

I am sorry to hear this.

First of all we have to get your old account back and then we can help you to transfer your account.

To recover your old account you have to get in touch with the Customer Support but they need your Player-ID (please don’t post it here for your own account safety). Do you have it?

The only way to recover your account without your Player-ID is that is has been saved somewhere (on another ID (GameCenter or Google Play)).

Have you created a new Apple-ID for your new device or have you played on an Android device, which was connected to your old account, before?

Thanks!

Regards.

Message 2 of 14 (689 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the quick reply CEO_Rago!
I don’t think I know my player ID... Frown

Well, both devices are Apple so there’s no platform-switch in my case.

I assume when I downloaded SWGOH yesterday to my new device (an Ipad) I synced it (the “new” lvl 1 account) with Game Center and this appeared on my Iphone when I switched back to it (and overwrote my original account of lvl 85).

If it is needed I can list everything that I had on my account (what characters I have, what squads are set, what clan I belong to, etc.) so I can actually prove that I’m the owner of it.

Message 3 of 14 (669 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @zighun,

thanks for the response.

GameCenter automatically saves the first account you have. This means when you played it on your iPhone it has to be saved on an ID otherwise you wouldn’t have been able to play because without an Apple ID you can’t download apps from the App Store. Therefore it has to be saved on an ID.

Perhaps you had an old ID you used to play with before (from the parents e.g.)?

If that’s not the case let me know and I‘ll contact the SWGoH Team to check if there are other options available (the team will be back in office tomorrow).

Regards.

Message 4 of 14 (656 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, you are probably right and that is why it is weird that GameCenter acted the other way around by overwriting the original account with the new one.

I don’t remember that I have ever had a different Apple ID so it is unlikely that my original game is saved somewhere else.

So please alert the SWGoH team on my behalf as I’m completly lost by now... Frown

Thanks and best regards

Message 5 of 14 (637 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @zighun,

thanks for the response.

I have contacted the team (@CG_MindTricks@EA_HighCommand  ) and informed them about your issue. Please stay patient as they‘ll be back in office tomorrow.

Regards.

Message 6 of 14 (614 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks a lot!

best

Message 7 of 14 (600 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
@zighun Hi there, I checked the Ally Code you provided and it's a Guest Account, it hasn't been linked to any Game Center account.. If you still have access to the old device, then the solution is simple to just go on the old device, create a new Game Center account and sync progress. Then login to the new device using that Game Center account.

However, if you don't have access to the old device anymore, given that you still have the Ally Code of your account, you will still need to go through our customer support team to recover the lost Guest Account as we wouldn't be able to verify account ownership on the forum.

You mentioned you contacted support already so can you please send me a private message with your Customer Support ticket number and we can continue the conversation via PM?

Thanks!
And thanks for the tag @CEO_Rago!
Message 8 of 14 (531 Views)

★★★ Novice

@CG_MindTricksHey, thanks for the suggestions! At least I realized what went wrong: I do have acces to the old device that had not sync with Game Center and remained a Guest Account.

When I wanted to sync with the new device I activated Game Center first on it (automatically synced with the new account) then I returned to the old device and turned Game Center on (automatically overwriting my old account). So despite having access to the old device (that I have) it won't help as it doesn't run my old account anymore.

So I assume there's no other way than to go through Customer Support.

Thanks for everything guys @CEO_Rago and @CG_MindTricks I'll send a pm with my case number!

Best

Message 9 of 14 (510 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey guys, @CG_MindTricks @CEO_Rago 

I'm still stuck. There's no reply from Customer Support although I followed @CG_MindTricks advice to launch a new case (Lost Guest account) that they apparently tagged as "resolved" without even replying to me. My original inquiry is still "in progress" but I haven't heard from them anything since 23 March.

Hope for a solution... Frown

Message 10 of 14 (460 Views)