Wrong Epic Games account linked to Origin.

by Fumozo

Original Post

Re: Wrong Epic Games account linked to Origin.

★★ Novice
@CasdaMabil-ESP I just had a chat with a person and I was also told that I will loose all my progress in Apex legends where I have put like 3 to 400$. I used my brothers epic account and linked it to my account and now he is angry wants me to remove it but EA can not help me. I don't want to lose all of my progress in apex legends and all the money that I have spent on it.
Message 71 of 109 (1,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

For me, it actually took 15 minutes with Online Chat to unlink the wrong account and then connecting my Epic to the main Origin account. Many of you have said that you were unable to link your main account after you requested to unlink the wrong account. I don't know why it's happening, I am not a tech guy or mod but I recommend you to check if it is still linked to the wrong account from the About Me page on myaccount.ea.com for both of the accounts. If there are no linked accounts on the wrong and the main account. Maybe Epic Store is causing the issue, you can look for a solution at Epic Games Help and if it didn't solve your problem, you can just contact Epic Games here. Hope y'all can solve it. Have a nice day! (*^‿^*)

-Elliot

Message 72 of 109 (1,493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Different problem. The problem here is that you cannot link a new Steam or Epic account to the same Origin account, even if an old Steam or Epic account has been unlinked from that Origin account. Besides, it seems EA won't solve the problem as this help page Unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account now says that "You can unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account if you want to link them to a different EA Account, as long as that EA Account has never had the same account type linked to it before." Apparently, the only solution will be to create a new Origin account.

Message 73 of 109 (1,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Nice to see that we have the option to unlink accounts by yourself. 

But it must be possible to link the same account type, but another account of this type, again to the same ea account. 

Message 74 of 109 (1,403 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@willimono44 It should be something so easy to do to just unlink a wrong account from yours so then you to be able to link the right one. This is ridiculous.
Message 75 of 109 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I dont know why this thread is marked as solved when it is clearly not solved and a lot of people still cant play the games they own from their main account like myself.
Message 76 of 109 (1,138 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
!! UPDATE !!
Just talked to support right now, the person that talked to me was Diana, I told her about the problem of unlinking the Epic Games account from Origin and she told me that there are some other users with this problem and that they are working on a solution for it. It is good to hear that they know about it now and it is being worked on. Maybe soon it will be fixed(I asked her if they had an estimate time to solve it and she said to me that right now they dont have one). The only solution we have right now unfortunately is to create another Origin account to link your Epic Games and if you want you can pass your games from one Origin account to another. That is what we have for now guys.
Message 77 of 109 (1,069 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem they said they unlinked it but still get the error.

Now they say: "Vivek (2/27/2021, 2:05:37 PM): I was able to check it with the team and the EA Account would need a cool down period for six months. So after six months from the time when the Epic ID was removed from the correct Origin Account, you'll be able to link it back"

Message 78 of 109 (1,010 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They have been "working on" this issue for over 6 months. I wouldn't feel confident in this statement.

Message 79 of 109 (966 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@CL4P_old Well, *..
Message 80 of 109 (953 Views)