Wrong Epic Games account linked to Origin.

by Fumozo

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Wrong Epic Games account linked to Origin.

★★★ Apprentice

So, day 14 Battlefront 2 was given for free by Epic Games I was excited to play it and didn't notice that my Epic Games launcher was logged in my girlfriends account and because of that I accidentally linked her Epic Games account to my Origin account. I already contacted support in a total of 5 times, 3 times in chat and 2 in call.

In their end they where able to unlink her account from my Origin one but even after they had unlinked her account from mine I was still getting an error saying that I cant connect my own Epic Games  account to my Origin one because my Origin account is already linked to hers, even after they unlinked it. I also noticed that the message I slightly changed after the support unlinked her account.

I also contacted Epic Games 3 times in total and they told me that in their end the accounts weren't linked anymore and this problem that I was facing had to be solved by EA.

At this stage I am almost out of hope that I will be able to link my Epic Games account to my Origin and that is frustrating because it will be extremely annoying having to create another Origin account only to be able to link my main Epic Games account and to be able to play EA games that I have or might get on Epic Games in the future, it will be a real pain in the *. (I am still trying to get EA support to fix this for me, my ticket about this problem is still open, my case number is #73091510).

I linked the pictures of the error message I get before and after the support unlink her account for you guys to see the difference in the message and I also linked a print of my connected accounts in my account page to show you guys that her account at this moment isn't linked anymore to mine but the error still persists.

I am posting this here to see if this problem gets more attention and I really hope it gets fixed in the future, with the Battlefront 2 being free in Epic Games for a whole week, I doubt that I am the only one who made this mistake of linking the wrong account to my Origin and if you who is reading this also have this problem, please leave a reply, it will help us to get more attention to this topic.

Message 6 of 109 (20,621 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: UNLINK EA ACCOUNT FROM EPIC GAMES, need help

Community Manager
Hi @Actson,

Sorry to hear this! To ensure we're speaking to the authorized account holder for any issues related to your account you'll need to speak with an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us for assistance. 

We can't assist with this type of issue via AHQ I'm afraid.
EACade

View in thread

Message 2 of 109 (24,953 Views)

All Replies

UNLINK EA ACCOUNT FROM EPIC GAMES, need help

★★★ Newbie

I Linked the wrong epic games account to my EA Account and now i can't Unlink them, its frustrating, Anyone knows how to?

Message 1 of 109 (24,973 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Actson,

Sorry to hear this! To ensure we're speaking to the authorized account holder for any issues related to your account you'll need to speak with an advisor at http://bit.ly/EA_Contact_Us for assistance. 

We can't assist with this type of issue via AHQ I'm afraid.
EACade
Message 2 of 109 (24,954 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same error but they are asking me to verify an account that I don't know about... This should be much easier than it is....

Message 3 of 109 (23,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did the exact same thing. I entered the email for my son's account and there is no way to change it. So dumb there isn't a little edit button by it like everything else on the account info page.

Message 4 of 109 (23,510 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yeah, me too. And I sat through a long-winded chat session to get it unlinked - after which, it was still linked. 

Message 5 of 109 (23,471 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

same here... it was unlinked yesterday but I still can't link the correct account (and install the game so we still can't play with the game) because it still says it is linked to the account which was unlinked yesterday... Standard smile

previously it could be clearly seen that Epic Games is connected and since it was unlinked by an EA customer service representative it is not there but it is still connected somehow

Message 7 of 109 (23,149 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't see the reason either to complicate it that much... or they should stick this option to 2FA Authenticator or something like that...

There is no live chat available since morning although it says live chat is available 24/7... wrote email but it is extremely slow

now waiting 

Message 8 of 109 (23,138 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did a live chat last night and they unlinked the account during the chat. It was easier than I thought it would be. It also said I was number 121 in line but I only had to wait like 10 minutes to start a chat. 

Message 9 of 109 (22,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The account Pandacop above in this thread is also mine.

Message 10 of 109 (22,804 Views)