Wrong EA account has my Xbox linked

by DarthQueenKit

Original Post

Re: Wrong EA account has my Xbox linked

★★★ Newbie

well i'm not sure exactly what options to choose because the problem is with my ea account where the wrong email was used and now i cannot access it. However, I did click on madden because that was the game I was having problems with and then it just took many minutes to load and a message popped up saying "call tech support! oh wait thats us"

Message 11 of 28 (752 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@PsychicMuffin89 

Do you have access to the email on your account?

Aljo.png
Message 12 of 28 (743 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Aljo Thank you for your help i just followed what you told me to do and now i wait for an email from the security team or smth like that
Message 13 of 28 (730 Views)

Community Manager

@PsychicMuffin89 

Sounds good. If you need help with anything else, let us know. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 14 of 28 (722 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Were you able to get them to unlink from your account?

Message 15 of 28 (676 Views)

I am having situation that I have an old EA account that I no longer want or need.  But my xbox live is connected to it, and I just want to get my xbox released so I can link it to my current account.  I do not need any of the game saves or anything from the old account, all info from it is expendable. I talked to EA help chat and was told that since a friend downloaded and tried Apex on my xbox, my xbox is locked to the old EA account and cant be released. But in you answer, you specifically mention being able to link and unlink account, even if you had played Apex. How can I get this done? 

Message 16 of 28 (614 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @e5307480c536faa3aec4f473cadf24ac.

You'll need to contact an advisor here to see if they can unlink the gamertag from your account.

Aljo.png
Message 17 of 28 (599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have this exact same issue, but with my PSN account. It's the weekend so I can't contact PlayStation support to see if they can unlink the accounts, but I have tried talking to an EA game advisor and cannot verify my old account to get them unlinked. I just want my psn account that I have hundreds of games on linked to a new EA Account with my current email so I can at least play games. I made the old one when I was a child and intentionally made a fake birthday, fake security questions, and never used it for any purchases except to let me play games. Unfortunately it is still linked even though the login credentials have expired. I just purchased the new plants v zombies neighborhood game, and I cannot even play it! My PS5 literally doesn't let me play EA games anymore because of these account issues. Please help me unlink my account! I know I'll never be able to "verify" it through your means, but this literally means that I will never be able to play another EA online game again...I know you all can see that my PS online ID is linked to this email so why won't you unlink them? Please! I can verify the PSN information to PROVE the account is mine. I don't need the old EA Account, I just need my playstation account back so I can link it to a new one.

Message 18 of 28 (445 Views)

Community Manager

@Relentless6055 

Unfortunately, we can't make any changes to the account without you being able to verify ownership. 

Aljo.png
Message 19 of 28 (439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hm, so I can verify ownership of PSN, and I can verify that my PSN is linked to specific, yet unknown EA account...can I report this as fraud and have the link removed?

Message 20 of 28 (425 Views)